Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones..what happens now

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nathan Jones ticks the passion, tactics, and motivation boxes.

Still question marks over contacts, and player acquisition, but I wouldn't be opposed to appointing him, and we'd need a new DoF to cover these areas.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I said on another thread that he's actually got a decent coaching record already. Not far off what Poyet had.

The dream ticket would be something like him and Hughton, with Calde added to the coaching staff. I'd love to see a long term situation where as a manager leaves, the other coaching staff would then be able to step up. Similar to the Anfield boot room. Then we would have continuity of style, personnel and not the stupid merry go round that occurs at every club after a manager is sacked/resigns.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
When Sami left I was definitely in the no Jones camp, but following two very decent displays and enlightening post match interviews, I think I'm warming to him. Yes two swallows don't make a summer, but he strikes me as someone who has a "plan B" and dare I say it, a "plan C". Something I'm not sure we have had for some time.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
NJ has had a very good start to his management career, but against 2 sides that are both treading water. The next 2 (Brentford and Charlton) may be similar - it depends on whether or not Brentford put out their strongest side in the cup. But after that we have 2 very difficult home games in Brentford and Ipswich. If NJ can keep us in the cup and pick up 5 points from the league games then he would deserve the job full time. But can we afford to wait and see?

Another thing, I'm sure we all have heard the famous quote from Napoleon about Generals (I don't want a good one, I want a lucky one) - well last night we may just have seen us getting a massive slice of luck. I'm sure that, had JFC and Gardiner been available, both would have played. Instead, by bringing in Ince and Tex, he strengthened the DM and added to our attacking power. Add to the fact that he is clearly willing to make decisions quickly (bringing back CMS and O'Grady - both who have made a positive impact) and we may just be seeing the emergence of our own 'Lucky General'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here