Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones turns down Macaabi

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Surely this is incorrect, the coaching experts on here said he was useless and only here because he was a yes man, is this saying they don't know what they are talking about.

Or perhaps that Oscar doesn't?

I'm not sure NJ would be the right person to be Sami's no 2. Not because I know anything about him or his abilities - like most people on here - but because I think Sami needs an older, more experienced no 2 to help him. This is what he said he wanted when he joined. Someone to act almost as a mentor, for Sami to bounce ideas off, to put Sami right when he's going wrong.

Someone doing what Joe Mercer did with Malcolm Allison for those of you old enough to remember. Or Brooking did at West Ham. Someone who isn't going to be a threat to Sami. Possibly even Alan Mullery although I think it would be better to get someone in from outside who Sami knows and trusts.

Then Nathan Jones can carry out the same role as he did last season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Here he is, Jonesy. I've just seen it mate. I thought you were bigger than that, mate. Eh, go down clutching your face, he's not even touched your face. He's not even touched your face mate

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here he is, Jonesy. I've just seen it mate. I thought you were bigger than that, mate. Eh, go down clutching your face, he's not even touched your face. He's not even touched your face mate

Have any of our players ever exaggerated the impact of physical contact, do you think?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Have any of our players ever exaggerated the impact of physical contact, do you think?

Nope, never.

In all seriousness I have absolutely no problem with Nathan Jones and his role at the club (although I'd prefer that we found a more experienced assistant manager and keep Jones as a coach). That exchange, though, is always the first thing that I think of when I see or hear of Jones

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't really understand some of the abuse he gets on here.
We've got Burke for recruitment, and Jones for coaching and tactics. The people need someone to blame.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We used to have neighbours who had a daughter. When she turned 18 they had a big party for her, a big tent in the back garden, loud music til late in the evening. We weren't particularly friendly (or unfriendly) with them (the house is rented privately and appears to have high turnover, now it's mostly students, so we don't really connect with our neighbours).

They knew it would be loud and intrusive so invited us out of courtesy. We understood that was why they were inviting us. They didn't really want us there and we knew they were only inviting us out of politeness, they invited us knowing we'd turn it down but did so as a courtesy. We declined the invitation, gave them a present and 'suffered' the disturbance for one night.

Sometimes invitations are made just to be polite, with everyone involved knowing it and playing their part in the courtesy charade.

I have nothing against Nathan Jones, have no idea if this is the case in this instance, but I tend to be cynical about whatever comes out from the argus/the club/nsc so that was my initial thought - nice story makes him seem loyal, makes him seem desirable to fight the feeling among some in the fan base questioning his worth.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

:lol:

Spanish Dave certainly never did. Especially not when he rolled over about five times after a challenge... :jester:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

It wasn't just that thought was it, he was at all game and generally being a nauseating prick along with all the other games against us.
Once he left us he showed no affinity with the Albion, never had a good word to say about us unlike most players that have moved onto other clubs.
He just comes across as an un-likeable person. His whole persona in interviews is an air of "why are you bothering me" "why do i have to be here" etc.
He never seems happy to talk to the media which is strange for some who was supposed to be the spokesperson for the manager (OG)

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I think he's growing into his management role quite well.

Talking of growing, I'm glad his hair is a bit longer now, and making him look less like a convict.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very good interview on player, speaks very passionality about his job and Brighton, like the bloke a lot

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I don't really understand some of the abuse he gets on here.

Wanted to leave as a player & as a coach partly responsible for one of the dullest seasons of the last 30
Oscar like 99 out of 100 'managers' simply wanted to recruit a 'Yes' man who was clearly no threat to his own position, that's why it was 'offered'
Sami/Burke/Bloom have demoted him already

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Shame he didn't accept the offer. We needed a clean break from the Oscar regime IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here