Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones leaves Albion to become Luton manager

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I guess I'll be looking out of their results now. Good luck to him.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is no real telling what he will be like as a manager. He has been a good club man for us and I wish him well. He will need it. How many games from the sack is he ? It is very much a merry go round these days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry, but I totally disagree.

Will he be Brighton Manager one day? Very probably

Would he be better staying put until that day comes or leave to get experience elsewhere? To me, that's a no brainer.

Let's say he stays, becomes the next manager or the manager after next. what happens if it all goes tits up? That's not going to be good for Nathan or for us.

Far better he leaves, gets his intial managerial experience at a lower level, makes his mistakes there and hopefully learns from those mistakes. If he succeeds he can move up another level and then come to us when the time is right for him and for us. My guess is he will be in the frame when CH moves on, although it may not happen till the next change after CH's replacement.

Whatever happens, good luck to the guy. Top, top bloke. Who used to get shedloads of abuse on here, ony a short time ago. Last season to be precise.

I too disagreed with the post that you disagreed with, but l also disagree with you!, (if that makes any kind of sense).

You were right to say that it was best if Nathan went, (of course he has gone now), but wrong to say that he would very probably be the next Albion manager. Can you really see the Club appointing him if Chris Hughton were to leave, without a lot of experience in the hot seat?, it's not a nailed on guarantee that he is going to do well at Luton.

Fair to say that there is a possibility he may return to the Albion as manager one day, but an awful lot can happen in football. But as you say, good luck Nathan, you deserve to succeed, wherever that may be.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck Nathan. Thanks for everything here, particularly helping to turn round last season.

This was probably inevitable. Not Luton per se but that he would go for a number one job somewhere. Once Calderwood was in he was effectively moved from a taste of running the show back to number three.

CLADE or Zammo IN.

I too disagreed with the post that you disagreed with, but l also disagree with you!, (if that makes any kind of sense).

You were right to say that it was best if Nathan went, (of course he has gone now), but wrong to say that he would very probably be the next Albion manager. Can you really see the Club appointing him if Chris Hughton were to leave, without a lot of experience in the hot seat?, it's not a nailed on guarantee that he is going to do well at Luton.

Fair to say that there is a possibility he may return to the Albion as manager one day, but an awful lot can happen in football. But as you say, good luck Nathan, you deserve to succeed, wherever that may be.

I think we both think the same thing. Just to clarify, I didn´t say NJ would probably have been our next manager. I said if he was our next manager or the manager after next.

I did say I think he may well be in the frame when CH leaves, and assuming this isn't for a few years then I still think that, assuming NJ does well at Luton. Although as I also said I think it is more likely that his time will come after the next manager after CH

I'm sure he will be in the frame to come back at some stage and I'm sure he's made the right decision in going to Luton. A few years out in the big wide world will do him no end of good and also find out if he can be a good and successful manager or not.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Our best hope now is for Jones to take Manu with him to Luton. What a partnership that would be-Elvis and CMS.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I hope this doesnt upset the equilibrium behind the scenes. However I wish Nathan the best of luck.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Even though I can't stand Luton, I wish Nathan all the best. He has earned his shot at being a manager and I hope this is a successful first step in a long career.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't care for Luton, but much like other teams who have taken on ex-Albion players that I've admired I'll be keeping an eye on how they do.

Best of luck to him. He deserves a crack in the hotseat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent. He earns his spurs properly as a no1 for a few years and then he comes back older and wiser to lead us to the champions league and beyond :thumbsup:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Good luck Nathan. I hope he does really well there. Hes certainly well respected in the game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Loves the Albion this fella. Loves the City. All the best :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Great Transfer Window so far. ...........In......0 out........What I suspect is a really good Coach/ Manager.

Erm...2 in and 1 out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here