Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Townsend is a total moron. I can honestly say that I haven't heard a bigger moron on a football show in my 42 years on this planet. It saddens me that our national broadcasters get these utter thickets in to offer their "expert" analysis.

The real MORONS are the ones at ITV who continue to employ him as a pundit, surely they must have some idea that EVERYONE thinks he's complete garbage.

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Looks like I am alone in thinking there is nothing wrong with managers coming out with comments like the one Sherwood did about Norwich.

He is 100% correct. Spurs should be expected to beat Norwich away. I'm sure most of you betting types would of backed them to get the result at Carrow Road.

However, it has always been proved to be foolish for managers (or players) to come out with statements like that, as it only serves to fire up the opposition & give them something to prove. As a result Sherwood managed to save Chris Hughton a job by doing his team talk for him.

I think people get too precious about this whole 'disrespecting' other teams stuff. Interviews and press conferences would be pretty boring if managers didn't say anything to spice things up from time to time.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Wouldntt have said no haha

CT001-sid-james-coaster-e1329840959247.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The thread title is a very odd choice of words. The 'should be beating teams like... ' line is crass and shows a lack of respect. But nasty?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Fantastic night at WHL. Not very classy from Benfica manager though :lolol:

Sherwood is out of his depth. He was ill-advised to make those post-match comments at Stamford Bridge last weekend. He was probably expecting a different result tonight but after turning on his players they gave him a pretty flat performance. I can see Arsenal winning by a 2 or 3 goal margin on Sunday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spurs conceded 2 goals from set pieces which raises the question is there a worse defender playing in the Premier League than Kaboul. He makes Titus Bramble look world class perhaps they should recall Grant Hall back from Swindon he couldnt do a worse job.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
It was essentially half of Benfica's reserve team too - I know Spur's side wasn't the strongest, but surely Prem teams have stronger squad depth than the Portguese......obviously not

Just shows what a band of mercenaries Spurs are, with an idiot behind the reins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here