Name your crap olympic event...and why !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Roman Greco Wrestling. Just two northern Brian Glover-alikes playing with each other scrotes. They call that handball in footy.

Clay Pigeon Shooting. Would be much better if it was Real Pigeon Chasing. USA would be represented by Penelope Pitstop, Russia by the Anthill Mob, Great Britain by Dick Dastardly and so on...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Football (strangely enough)

We have the World Cup and Euro 2004 etc so why have football as an Olympic sport?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Synchronized swimming. Absolute shite in my view.

:) :D

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The thing for me with the Olympics is why the bloody heck do the allow full time professionals to compete. This just takes away the Olympic ideal. Now we have the Amercians sending their best professional basketball, baseball, tennis players etc just so they can not only win the "World" Championships in their own sports but also claim to be Olympic Champions.

Bring back amateur status for the Olympics

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Marathon......run....run........run...........run...........

:yawn:

Respect to the runners that can run 26 miles in 2 hours and joggers may find in interesting, but I just think it has got to be one of the most boring spectator events ever......apart from fishing, which I don't think is an Olympic event yet..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sailing!

What next? Speedway and Stock Car Racing to appeal to petrol heads?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Handball - for christs sake, what a crap game.

Oh, and fencing. Why can't they dress like pirates ? It'd make it MUCH more exciting.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Not sure i agree with this slagging of football as an Olympic event. If i was a footballer (and like most on here i still havent given up hope, yet;) ) i'd be gutted if i didnt have the opportunity to be a part of the Olympics. I mean, surely the point is that pretty much every sport is represented, especially a sport with as high a profile as football.

The issue of profesisonalism is a tricky one aswell, as most track and field athletes are Pro now, which is good as they are able to make a living out of it, which of course makes it more accesible. So to limit all the other sports to Amater status would be a bit hypocritical, wouldnt it????

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Apols for the awful spelling errors btw....
:shootself

Easy 10 said:
Handball - for christs sake, what a crap game.

Oh, and fencing. Why can't they dress like pirates ? It'd make it MUCH more exciting.

Ha ha! Lol Easy :lolol: :clap2:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
The Large One said:
Roman Greco Wrestling. Just two northern Brian Glover-alikes playing with each other scrotes. They call that handball in footy.

this years new sport is "Womens Greco Roman wrestling!!" i kid you not!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mr Popkins said:
this years new sport is "Womens Greco Roman wrestling!!" i kid you not!!

Now THAT sounds quite promising. The main premise of the men's version appears to be to sodomise the other competitor against his will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports