Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name for Falmer

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Whilst I was at work today i overheard a converstion and someone thought of a name for the new staduim

The Stadium of Knight

Personally I could not think of anything worse

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Yes i'm not that impressed with the sponsor - especially when we have Legal & General with us a well

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was there no-one else then ?

I guess they must have offered the club the best deal even if there was someone else.

I did hear from someone at the club that we were trying to get a more well-known sponsor (FourFourTwo magazine I think) to take over from Skint but that they didn't take us up on it.

How much truth is in that I don't know.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think someone on here said it was a one year deal with the option for a second year.

Bit of an arse for the people who buy new kits this year if they decide not to take up the option of a second year.

I guess if Falmer is nearer and we get promoted a bigger deal may be available to us for next season.

It is an American thing, to name stadia after their sponsors.
The worst example perhaps, is "3com Stadium".

Not that it's not done here, with '02 Arena' being an example, but .....it's not a particularly attractive name.
We should do all we can though, to compete on the financial front, so product placement is going to be a necessary evil. Sony, or Toshiba Stadium? Alright, but then we couldn't install any Panasonic monitors, or a Hitachi scoreboard/replay screen.

It would be nice if we could start out, at least, with a more personal name, like e.g. 'The Helmstone Stadium', a name from our City's olde title of Brighthelmstone.
It reflects on the Goldstone memory too, in some way.

Then, Sony or Mitsubishi can put big flashy signs up all they like - but we'll always know the proper title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here