Name a Sussex born Championship or above quality striker

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Brian Yeo

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There must be at least one surely????

The Albion have never brought one through, as far as I am aware, but have there actually ever been any??

Richard Tiltman was better than Dean Saunders according to Barry Lloyd. Wasn't he from Sussex?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did either of them even play at Championship/Division Two level though and if so could they claim to be quality strikers at that level? Genuine question
Thorne was with us for three seasons in Division 2, though not a regular starter. Still scored a goal every two matches though (38 in 76 over four seasons)!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
God you're showing your age.

Gillingham wasn't he ?

VPM rule ok.

Hehehe yes I am an old fart . VPM and proud of it. Gillingham's record scorer from Lanfranc Road Worthing. Should have played at a higher level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brian Yeo went to Elm Grove School then to West Tarring then on to Portsmouth FC where he didnt make the grade but went to Gillingham and became their record goalscorer. As has been said he lived in Lanfranc Rd and his mother worked in the laundry in Elm Grove with my mother. Worthings most succesful pro has to be Peter Bonnetti although born in Putney spent all his school years in Worthing at St Marys school and lived in Christchurh Rd Bit of useless info when playing football up Victoria Park Peter would never go in goal always said he was better inside right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here