Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name a manager you wouldn't want at the club.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The NO list:

McClaren
Appleton
Ferguson
Warnock
Freedman
Hoddle

The YES list:

Benitez
Di Matteo
Calde
Martinez
'Arry (seriously, I would)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A mainly excellent no list. I would add Owen Coyle to the list.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone who put Di Canio in their 'no' list an described him as a joke should take a look at his comments after the game at Tottenham about the lack of professionalism among the players he inherited. Whatever you think about his politics, he is a serious football manager. You don't get the top rating at Coverciano, the Italian coaching HQ, as he did, if you're not an excellent coach, and Sunderland's players will be the fittest in the Premier League bar none next season.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10429814._/

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I'm very surprised people are anti ferguson...Peterborough play some of the most attractive football around and considering how unlucky they were to go down I don't think he would be the worst appointment by far.

Yes it would, he is horrendous. I still want Gus. Best manager since Mullery and will be hard to replace.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That bloke in the welly boots who used to manage Wimbledon.

Wouldn't want him.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Anyone who put Di Canio in their 'no' list an described him as a joke should take a look at his comments after the game at Tottenham about the lack of professionalism among the players he inherited. Whatever you think about his politics, he is a serious football manager. You don't get the top rating at Coverciano, the Italian coaching HQ, as he did, if you're not an excellent coach, and Sunderland's players will be the fittest in the Premier League bar none next season.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10429814._/

I was thinking this when I read his comments. His lack of tolerance for arrogant behaviour from his players seemed quite refreshing. It's going to rub people up the wrong way and is a gamble but it would be great if he could pull it off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Martin O'Neil-once tipped for ManU, been found out now.

Darren Ferguson-if he really was that good he'd have been moving up the leagues by now.

Colin WayneKerr-no explanation needed

Not thinking we are too good for most of the names mentioned in this thread but we need somebody to take us to the next level-not a 'yesterday's man'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dont want anyone apart from Benitez, Martinez or Wenger.

I am looking high

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here