Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Name a famous Sussex person.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Mark “Sparky” Phillips

lead singer of Demented Are Go.

his parents are Welsh, but his dad worked in Shoreham when he was born in Southlands
IMG_0205.jpeg

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Natasha Kaplinsky - Barcombe, Mad Jack Fuller from Brightling, Nicholas Van Hoogstraetan - various places including lots of slum rentals in Btn and Hove, Tommy Cooper used to drink in the Dinkum at Polegate, Gideon Mantell (Dinosaur scientist) lived in Lewes, Percy Shelly - Warnham, Oscar Wilde wrote the Importance of Being Ernest whilst living in Worthing - hence the character Jack Worthing. Peter and the Test Tube Babies lived in Peacehaven, Alan and Colin Wells were decent cricketers from Newhaven, Chris Eubank x2 Brighton.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m sure you mean the singer that was married to Jamie Redkapp, just looked her up on Wikipedia and no mention being from Sussex.
I know there is a photo of her in an Albion shirt but not sure of the connection
Are we getting confused with Frankie Bridge? Also pictured in an Albion top.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Natasha Kaplinsky - Barcombe, Mad Jack Fuller from Brightling, Nicholas Van Hoogstraetan - various places including lots of slum rentals in Btn and Hove, Tommy Cooper used to drink in the Dinkum at Polegate, Gideon Mantell (Dinosaur scientist) lived in Lewes, Percy Shelly - Warnham, Oscar Wilde wrote the Importance of Being Ernest whilst living in Worthing - hence the character Jack Worthing. Peter and the Test Tube Babies lived in Peacehaven, Alan and Colin Wells were decent cricketers from Newhaven, Chris Eubank x2 Brighton.
Tommy Cooper lived in Motcombe Lane in Old Town in Eastbourne, and there is a tribute plaque to him on the property:-

TommyCooper.jpg

It is about ten minutes walk from my sister's house; ran past it numerous times when I was visiting last Christmas.
(His niece Sabrina still lived in the town but was tragically murdered in December).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here