Nail head hit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Really good summary and it makes me wonder if I want us ever to get promoted to the PL as that is where the vitriol seems to be much worse. I guess the pressures and money in the PL make it that way. Maybe we should start being a bit friendlier to each other, perhaps we could have a hug a palace fan day or something similar.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One of the biggest disappointments of the summer was that the author of that fine piece, Alex Chick, didn't get to go to Euro 2012.

His blog was going to be called 'Chick In Kiev'.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Poor article from someone who clearly doesn't 'love' a team...dreadful, irrelevant similes with c factor & Eiffel Tower. He doesn't get it & remains an outsider

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If 'loving' your team means spewing venomous and vitriolic abuse in every direction other than your team then you are welcome to it. Leeds v Sheff Weds recently, coins and objects raining down on players at Stamford Bridge after Uniteds winner, bitter spiteful players and managers adding fuel to the fire for fans - you can keep all that, its hateful vicious bile and I've been sucked into it myself in recent times but perhaps we need to take a simple step back and think about what we are doing to the game we all love.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
It's not just premier league though is it, it's at Albion too.

At Blackpool the guy behind me was going batshit crazy at the referee and Blackpool players for pretty ordinary tackles and free-kicks. A rare trip to the North Stand at The Amex saw a young man in front of me stamping his feet and kicking the pristine chairs with a sort of child-like fervour that is normally reserved for documentaries about kids with ADD.

I thought he was going to explode at one point. The low sun only highlighted the fountain of spittle showering down from the row behind everytime he decided to ignore a blatent Albion offside and instead call the Linesman a c***.

There's one thing I despise most in football fans. Arrogance.

The incessent chants about whatever town the oppostiion team comes from are tiresome, and that Sloop John B tune has become the anthem of the myopic.

Small teams like us used to be self-deprecating, knowing when shit football was indeed just shit football, and having a laugh at our own and others expense.

Times change, but no-one should leave a stadium that angry.

Harveys, Not Hate

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

At Blackpool the guy behind me was going batshit crazy at the referee and Blackpool players for pretty ordinary tackles and free-kicks. A rare trip to the North Stand at The Amex saw a young man in front of me stamping his feet and kicking the pristine chairs with a sort of child-like fervour that is normally reserved for documentaries about kids with ADD.

I thought he was going to explode at one point. The low sun only highlighted the fountain of spittle showering down from the row behind everytime he decided to ignore a blatent Albion offside and instead call the Linesman a c***.

The incessent chants about whatever town the oppostiion team comes from are tiresome, and that Sloop John B tune has become the anthem of the myopic.

Small teams like us used to be self-deprecating, knowing when shit football was indeed just shit football, and having a laugh at our own and others expense.

Harveys, Not Hate

Well Said!

Dec 29, 2011

Harveys, Not Hate

Like. (If we're not allowed a button for it, I'm going to post it).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
"Chelsea had just conceded an offside goal, and so incandescent was the rage that the crowd turned into a wave of pure fury, strong enough to spew men in flourescent tabards on to the pitch."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Harveys, Not Hate
spot on (although you can keep your Harveys :) ) :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ace article and follow up comments from [MENTION=2397]house your seagull[/MENTION]

That said if we fail to score against Leeds I might need a BOATLOAD of Harvey's to suppress my frustration.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Goof article, and the point about David Moyes. If it was Fergie he's be saying Suarez is an embarrassment to Liverpool and should be thrown out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There were some particularly vile individuals at the Wednesday game, who purposely placed themselves by the dividing tarpaulin. They spent much of the first half throwing insults, throat slitting motions and anything loose before they got lobbed out.

They didn't pay a blind bit of attention to the football. Venomous characters, no older than 25.

No doubt they will some backing, proclaiming that it is a chance for a lad to swear, act silly and blow off some steam.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don't dare mention that the ref might have been right with a decision if you sit in the WSU.

Good article.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports