Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nahki Wells

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He does seem a very reliable goal scorer for Rovers, but I can't see us shelling out millions on a 27(?) year old based on goals in league two.

Me neither. Having said that, I do feel that we should take a gamble on signing someone to add goals to our forward line come January.

Having said that of course, it isn't my millions that would be shelled out.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He does seem a very reliable goal scorer for Rovers, but I can't see us shelling out millions on a 27(?) year old based on goals in league two.

He's playing in league 1 and has notched up 11 goals this season. He scored more goals than anyone in the football league last season too in League 2. He reminds me of an ex Bristol Rovers striker we signed (can't remember his name) in the way he's so cool in-front of goal. IT's very clear he;s a natural finisher with a lovely first touch. These players are gold dust.

PS he's 26 years old.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's playing in league 1 and has notched up 11 goals this season. He scored more goals than anyone in the football league last season too in League 2. He reminds me of an ex Bristol Rovers striker we signed (can't remember his name) .

Will Hoskins?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
No, not him. From what I can remember about the striker, he was the last player to score a winner against Arsenal at Highbury and the first player to score a winner against Arsenal at the Emirates. He was pretty good for us too. Completely forgotten what his name was?

Not a bad effort at a wind-up

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's playing in league 1 and has notched up 11 goals this season. He scored more goals than anyone in the football league last season too in League 2. He reminds me of an ex Bristol Rovers striker we signed (can't remember his name) in the way he's so cool in-front of goal. IT's very clear he;s a natural finisher with a lovely first touch. These players are gold dust.

PS he's 26 years old.

That was sort of true of Baldock too but we simply don't play in the way that makes lots of chances in front of goal for natural finishers to take. Murray, for example, works hard to make his own chances.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The same amount of goals in a team that finished near the bottom . He has that poacher ability that we need and i think would thrive in a good team. Also who says he will cost 8 mill , just because that is the reported figure does not mean we end up paying that. He may well cost more !

I remember some bloke called Chris O'Grady who scored 15 for relegated Barnsley so had to do better for us.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wells is an excellent fit with our formation and style IMHO. Would be brilliant playing off of Muzza or Tomer.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sam B does a good job, but just is not a good finisher. Whereas Wells would bring a big extra threat to our game.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The same amount of goals in a team that finished near the bottom . He has that poacher ability that we need and i think would thrive in a good team. Also who says he will cost 8 mill , just because that is the reported figure does not mean we end up paying that. He may well cost more !
What like o'grady:lol:

Reckon a loan striker and he must be pacey.....:D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

PS he's 26 years old.

I remember us signing a striker who scored more goals in a season, than any other player. 33 goals in league one. That went well.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well it makes for titillating viewing watching the usual pre window 'Silly Guessing' game, which has kicked off already. But if there's one thing I've learnt since it started, is....if we sign anyone, they are unlikely to be mentioned by us prior to their arrival. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here