Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nahki Wells

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Last season he was at Reading, the season before that he scored 16 goals at Watford, that's not 3 years ago.
Regarding big man little man strike partnership. We were most dangerous when Hemed and Baldock were playing today together, if you swap Baldock for a similar player but one that can score double figures we'll be quite formidable, IMO.
Spot on. Surely we have to bring in a Wardy-type striker? Must be worth it, we are so close to being top 2 contenders.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How i see it is we have Sam who works his nuts off and dosent score enough goals for the majority of peoples liking . Then we have the possibility and repeat possibility of spending a fair amount of dosh on Vydra who is good on his day but a moody F*** and may unsettle the team spirit , but there again may be good especially with our new found Czech deadball expert as a buddy .... For what its worth and its only an opinion . i would go with Sam and lets start ,or if we havent already look at a young guy , maybe Academy who can compliment .
Maybe we have to go down route of a Vydra type player , but Murray , Hemed , Baldrick . and lets not forget Kaz and The jock providing crosses as well as Knocky i dont think we are that bad. I am being optimistic here but i think one of the DEV squad will come through as well to complement.

Just my opinion but happy to discuss
All good, but we just don't have a suitable striker in the U21's. Happy for you to put me straight on that?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
All good, but we just don't have a suitable striker in the U21's. Happy for you to put me straight on that?

Is Harper shaping up .. ? You may well be right . would love to see someone coming through . would also love to see us splash out on a vydra type proven goalscorer , but i dont think we will

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Is Harper shaping up .. ? You may well be right . would love to see someone coming through . would also love to see us splash out on a vydra type proven goalscorer , but i dont think we will

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14527187.Harper_targets_big_second_season_with_Albion/

8 in 15 I guess is an OK return but at age 20 you'd expect to be smashing them in if was going to cut it in the championship.

Be interesting to see if he is given much game time with the first team in the friendlies.

Needs to be stepping up ASAP if its to happen for the kid.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Tilley is a better bet imo, ive seen both a couple of times, so I'm obviously an expert, and Tilley has impressed both times, where as Harper has looked a bit lightweight

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tilley is a better bet imo, ive seen both a couple of times, so I'm obviously an expert, and Tilley has impressed both times, where as Harper has looked a bit lightweight

I've seen Tilley a few times and, although he has played well, I can't see him stepping up just yet. Never seen Harper play...

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Yep, they must be buzzing. Signing Oldham's goalkeeper, a guy who was playing in the German regional leagues last year, some Croatian who played for a team just avoiding relegation in Russia and someone who was on loan at Morecambe and Aberdeen last season. Exciting times!

This place would be in melt down if we had signed any of these players. Except maybe the Croatian, Paurevic.

You're being selective, aren't you. The Germans they signed (Kachunga, Schindler and Löwe) are class, I'd gladly take them if not for our heroes as well as the Aussie midfielder Mooy.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You're being selective, aren't you. The Germans they signed (Kachunga, Schindler and Löwe) are class, I'd gladly take them if not for our heroes as well as the Aussie midfielder Mooy.

I think they're going to surprise a lot of people this season, could be in the mix.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not sure where this moody tag has come from for Vydra.
If I remember right he was bought permanently by Watford last summer for 4-5 mill and promptly loaned out without kicking a ball to a Reading team that was quite frankly a mess - enough to piss any player off if have thought?
Put him in our setup with the team spirit and Hughtons man management alongside a Czech teammate and I reckon he'll be a different player to last year

He spent the season before on loan !! supposedly from part of the Italian football family that owns Watford and smashed it ! Hardly a stranger to these leagues

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Surely it is Nakhi Wells time.....

We know the finance is there. Cheeky £5m starting bid??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hope not he is no better than what we have already to warrant spending that amount of money on. I would sooner we went after Igor Vetokele who is on loan, I think, from Charlton to a Belgian club. Would probably cost half of that fee and less than CMS.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Hope not he is no better than what we have already to warrant spending that amount of money on. I would sooner we went after Igor Vetokele who is on loan, I think, from Charlton to a Belgian club. Would probably cost half of that fee and less than CMS.

You'd rather Vetokele, who has 12 in 57 at this level, than Nahki Wells who scored 17 in 39 last season?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is remarkable that somebody who has watched football for as long as you have claimed to, can still know so little about it. It's actually impressive.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You'd rather Vetokele, who has 12 in 57 at this level, than Nahki Wells who scored 17 in 39 last season?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is remarkable that somebody who has watched football for as long as you have claimed to, can still know so little about it. It's actually impressive.

Post of the week for me :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

They have already turned down more than £5m from other clubs..............Don't know what the current situation is with him being injured at the moment though.

Huddersfield have already advised clubs of their value of him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They have already turned down more than £5m from other clubs..............Don't know what the current situation is with him being injured at the moment though.

Huddersfield have already advised clubs of their value of him.

The latest I heard was he was out for at least two months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here