Mysterious Disney Documentary about UFOs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If aliens did exist and could travel faster than the speed of light to visit this planet, they would probably consider us like we view cattle or even maybe insects.

Kids say the funniest things, eh! Have you been on to Ronnie Corbett yet? He may consider doing a new series.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I started to watch a programme on Nat Geo the other night about ancient aliens/sky gods etc etc

There were three theories presented as to why the Nazca people left the area around The Nazca Lines

1/ Simply tootled off to find somewhere better to live.

2/ water supply became so sparse,could not sustain the people and crops etc and had to find somewhere else to live.

3/ an intergalactic war broke out between the ancient aliens and sky gods who fought a battle around Nazca forcing the locals to flee.

Not sure where they went with this later on,i changed channels.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I started to watch a programme on Nat Geo the other night about ancient aliens/sky gods etc etc

There were three theories presented as to why the Nazca people left the area around The Nazca Lines

2/ water supply became so sparse,could not sustain the people and crops etc and had to find somewhere else to live.

3/ an intergalactic war broke out between the ancient aliens and sky gods who fought a battle around Nazca forcing the locals to flee.

Sounds like it was just getting interesting :shrug:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

My money is on number 3.

I watched "ancient aliens" the other day too. It seems the theory revolves around a flawed logic.

No one knows how ancient people lifted a big rock from here to here.

Answer: Aliens

There are some very odd places, like Pumapanku for example, where there seems to be a genuine question mark over the anomalous origin of some structures.

BH mentioned the possibility of some ,incredibly remote past, civilisation which predates any previous known. A civilisation that may have flourished during the last ice age and was lost in the thaw and flood that erased millions of square miles of antediluvian coastal plains and any culture that may have existed theron.

I have no conclusive proof for this theory and I fully expect to get flamed. Anyway. There it is. Discuss.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My money is on number 3.

I watched "ancient aliens" the other day too. It seems the theory revolves around a flawed logic.

There are some very odd places, like Pumapanku for example, where there seems to be a genuine question mark over the anomalous origin of some structures.

BH mentioned the possibility of some ,incredibly remote past, civilisation which predates any previous known. A civilisation that may have flourished during the last ice age and was lost in the thaw and flood that erased millions of square miles of antediluvian coastal plains and any culture that may have existed theron.

I have no conclusive proof for this theory and I fully expect to get flamed. Anyway. There it is. Discuss.

The Ancient Aliens theory isn't based on the mysterious moving of big rocks. It's based on ancient stories of "Gods", which often involve them coming from the sky. That's the primary inspiration for the theory.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The Ancient Aliens theory isn't based on the mysterious moving of big rocks. It's based on ancient stories of "Gods", which often involve them coming from the sky. That's the primary inspiration for the theory.

Not the episode I saw. Thy were looking at a lot of VERY big rocks I Malta and a man with silly hair and a man with a camp voice were saying "we don't know" therefore "aliens".

Flawless logic. I wondered if the Hybrid_x was the series consultant

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My money is on number 3.

They do actually. Ball bearings, momentum and slave labour.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
They do actually. Ball bearings, momentum and slave labour.

Pumapanku was put there 12,800 feet, which is above the tree line , with stones weighing 130 tons and cut with laser precision by people using stone tools and before the WHEEL was invented...and they used ball bearings did they?

The earliest stones on the site, the most impressive by far, are built into the walls by much later incas who were open about the fact that it was up there long before them.

I'm not saying it wasn't put there by people..it undoubtedly was, but people with a knowledge of techniques waaaay before their time according to archaeologists.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't be such a tool.

I know, they had a new ride and the documentary was part of the marketing, it's mentioned at the start of the film too -

But, anyone familiar with the subject matter - the history, the politics, the science - will see that this documentary is quite noteworthy, especially considering the time it was made/aired & the tone it takes.

The fact it was aired only once in only 5 cities is also interesting. Rubbish marketing strategy if that's what it was. It may have been similar to the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast, play it to a sample population and see how they react? Who knows.

I thought it was interesting, if people want probe me anally for posting this, then so be it.

Let me know what you find. :mad:

I found it was a beautiful day yesterday so had a nice walk, BBQ and few beers in the sun, which was why I wasn't on here. I also found it 'quite noteworthy' that if you had known is was a marketing video you didn't mention it in your first post.

dig1.jpg

I have also found it's going to be nice out again today, so if i have a choice of going out in the sunshine or sitting here looking up youtube videos, I think you know which I am going to do. :bigwave:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Pumapanku was put there 12,800 feet, which is above the tree line , with stones weighing 130 tons and cut with laser precision by people using stone tools and before the WHEEL was invented...and they used ball bearings did they?

The earliest stones on the site, the most impressive by far, are built into the walls by much later incas who were open about the fact that it was up there long before them.

I'm not saying it wasn't put there by people..it undoubtedly was, but people with a knowledge of techniques waaaay before their time according to archaeologists.

After a brief search of the internet it is obvious that the claims for Pumapanku are ludicrous. The site is nowhere near as old as the nutjobs claim and the materials used are easier to work and less accurately cut than the foil hat brigade would have you believe

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Any reputable archaeologist will tell you, and I work with many on a regular basis, there is no such thing as "ahead of it's time". The technology of the time, is the technology of the time. One may be surprised that ancient folk were so advanced but let's not go ascribing mystical powers to it otherwise we will never get to the truth. the fact is these people had the same brains we do, they would have solved problems in a very similar way to us. Be practical and you will get many more answers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
baalbek_7.jpg
baalbek_3.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up, I've always wondered how they moved the monolith stones at Baalbek into place :lolol:

Trust me, with enough manpower and working on large enough scale you can move anything. If you want to believe some mystic force moved these go for it, it's an amusing story. I however deal in this kind of investigation a lot and I can tell you they likely moved them with leverage or the use of a rudimentary bearing and groove system on a massive scale.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Trust me, with enough manpower and working on large enough scale you can move anything. If you want to believe some mystic force moved these go for it, it's an amusing story. I however deal in this kind of investigation a lot and I can tell you they likely moved them with leverage or the use of a rudimentary bearing and groove system on a massive scale.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_baalbek_1.htm

Where did I say anything about mystic forces? I haven't a clue how they built it, but the largest cranes built today couldn't move these stones into position in this terrain.

They are not clumsy artifacts, crude and compromised cuts like Stonehenge. They are perfectly fitted 1,500 ton stones forming a foundation not even a huge Roman temple could encompass. Our own science and engineering today cannot explain them, let alone what their function was. It would seem some unknown culture could move these great stones, place them on top of others, in perfect fit and alignment, before the dawn of our most ancient cultures. What caused them to pass away without leaving a clue as to who they were and to what purpose they built such a stupefying platform? It's not all about little green men.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_baalbek_1.htm

Where did I say anything about mystic forces? I haven't a clue how they built it, but the largest cranes built today couldn't move these stones into position in this terrain.

They are not clumsy artifacts, crude and compromised cuts like Stonehenge. They are perfectly fitted 1,500 ton stones forming a foundation not even a huge Roman temple could encompass. Our own science and engineering today cannot explain them, let alone what their function was. It would seem some unknown culture could move these great stones, place them on top of others, in perfect fit and alignment, before the dawn of our most ancient cultures. What caused them to pass away without leaving a clue as to who they were and to what purpose they built such a stupefying platform? It's not all about little green men.

Oh but our science and engineering easily explains them. A cursory search of the internet gives ample evidence and also debunks a lot of the assumptions and speculation in that piece. Fer crissakes I can think of half a dozen cultures that could be responsibe without resorting to mysterious unknown peoples.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
1) mysticism cares not for rational definitions.
2) mystic view on dimensions was long around before any high mathematical thought on dimensions - and was funnily enough much the bases for it (e.g pythagoras, kepler, newton etc were mystics but the silly western education system teaches different).

No, no, no and no.

Sorry, I don't care a jot about the rest of this thread but to claim the early scientists named as champions of some sort of noble mysticism above and beyond rational science is simply incorrect. Put simply, these scientists were all geniuses and had great insights that, at the time they were unable to explain and unable to test. This was because they were pushing the boundaries of their own areas of expertise far beyond the understanding current at the time.

They didn't have the language to explain it so they do what all people of all civilisations do - they described it within the limits of their current understanding and of their culture and more often than not that involved the supernatural as a way of explaining the unknown. Kepler and Newton in particular were extremely rigorous scientists and future scholars could build upon their work because they applied rational thought to their theories.

'Silly Western Education System' as you put it still uses their teachings because of this rational process. The mysticism that they expressed elsewhere can be explained away quite simply because we now have a better understanding.

A relatively (sic) modern analogy would be Einstein. Some of the things that he proposed but couldn't prove required an understanding beyond his at the time. He famously said "God does not play dice with the universe". Ignoring the God part, his ideas of order have been proved wrong. If he'd been around 500 years previously, tinfoil hatters like yourself would claim he was a mystic.

this is all crazy nonsense to the layman - hence why occult theosophy remains.....occult.

You're delusional. Watching countless self-referencing Youtube videos does not constitute academic study, you are NOT in possession of a greater knowledge, all you and other CTers have done is cherry pick a few themes from theoretical mathematics (dimensions/planes etc) and without any idea of their limits of use or context applied them to your pseudo-science.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I found it was a beautiful day yesterday so had a nice walk, BBQ and few beers in the sun, which was why I wasn't on here. I also found it 'quite noteworthy' that if you had known is was a marketing video you didn't mention it in your first post.

View attachment 55324

I have also found it's going to be nice out again today, so if i have a choice of going out in the sunshine or sitting here looking up youtube videos, I think you know which I am going to do. :bigwave:

If he keeps at it that hole will be big enough for you to stick your head in.

Almost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports