Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] My views on your reply to my toon post

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Newcastle is without doubt a huge club rediculous amount of season ticket holders who don't deserve a Chairman like Mike Ashley

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Thanks for the "balance" of views. We are trying to get Ashley out he's held our Club back through his greed. If you don't know, one of our fans averaged out his "spending" over his tenure, it averaged out over 13 years 2.7m spent per season players! Bound to fail.

Like I say when I was watching your game the other day against Spurs I said to my boy " these are fantastic to watch and just don't give the ball away ", so this 100% . I was serious about you making the top 8, continue as you are and it's realistic. In closing, the only thing that drives me mad is the " deluded Geordies" label that gets thrown at us. We just aren't, want to see offensive football and players give 100%. Not asking for much. If we played like you are at present, I would be delighted. You are so lucky watching your team. Apart from when you play us at your place, good luck for the rest of the season, you lucky lucky people. Cheers.

The size of your club you should be challenging for Europe every season, you have every right to be disappointed by how your club has been run. The reason some of our fans throw that label at you is because they don't understand the heights you've fallen from. For us being in the premier league is still pretty crazy considering we spent a lot of our history in the third tier and you've been a top level club for as long as I can remember.

Bit concerned by the praise for us though, we do play nice football and love the way our club is run. However, you may even see it today against Burnley we are capable of losing to anyone.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’ve never understood the ‘deluded Geordie’ tag as an epithet either. Sure, you have some deluded individual fans, but no more than any other club - including us. As a group, I’d describe Toon fans as passionate, knowledgeable, frustrated, and great fun - but absolutely not deluded.

This with knobs on!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A great footballing city is Newcastle, and one of my very fave away days. Don't worry too much nothing goes on forever, the good times will come again.

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Take over

Icy, whisper it very very very very quietly "it's not over and it will happen", don't know when though mate.

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Cringe

I just felt I wanted to tell you how good I think you are. I'm not going to be a regular visitor - if at all - just needed like I say to give some praise where I think it's due. Cheers.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Thanks for the "balance" of views. We are trying to get Ashley out he's held our Club back through his greed. If you don't know, one of our fans averaged out his "spending" over his tenure, it averaged out over 13 years 2.7m spent per season players! Bound to fail.

Like I say when I was watching your game the other day against Spurs I said to my boy " these are fantastic to watch and just don't give the ball away ", so this 100% . I was serious about you making the top 8, continue as you are and it's realistic. In closing, the only thing that drives me mad is the " deluded Geordies" label that gets thrown at us. We just aren't, want to see offensive football and players give 100%. Not asking for much. If we played like you are at present, I would be delighted. You are so lucky watching your team. Apart from when you play us at your place, good luck for the rest of the season, you lucky lucky people. Cheers.

Personally, don't feel the Toon Army are any more deluded than any other club.
Always been slightly jealous of a club with a ground in the middle of the City, local rivals from far enough away for it to be Us vs Them (rather than splitting the city) but close enough for it to really come to the fore. Been up your way a few times in my life and never not enjoyed my time in Newcastle. Hope you get rid of the millstone around your neck soon.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Quintessential proper club, proper fans.

Hope you get your wishes with Ashley gone but careful what you wish for. From the layman’s perspective for example the Burnley take over seems doomed to failure.

Sort of, but they are a bit of "the arsenal of the North East". You get lots of "Geordie" fans as far south as Middlesborough. It's sort of the "don't support Darlington, Hartelpool, Middlesborough, even Carlisle then they will follow Newcastle". A bit like if you dont follow the Albion, and they are likely to follow Arsenal even if they are from Sussex. They are a very big club in terms of fanbase and catchment area. Just lacked the trophies. Nice part of the world as well.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Sort of, but they are a bit of "the arsenal of the North East". You get lots of "Geordie" fans as far south as Middlesborough. It's sort of the "don't support Darlington, Hartelpool, Middlesborough, even Carlisle then they will follow Newcastle". A bit like if you dont follow the Albion, and they are likely to follow Arsenal even if they are from Sussex. They are a very big club in terms of fanbase and catchment area. Just lacked the trophies. Nice part of the world as well.

I'm intrigued by this idea, since when I was growing up in Newhaven I always thought the then big 4 clubs had a pretty equal share of fans. Certainly never noticed a disproportionate number of Arsenal fans.

After our last Newcastle away game I ended up staying in a Premier Inn in Darlington after I literally couldn't fit on the last train to Sheffield due to the number of Newcastle fans returning to Durham and Darlington.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Newcastle are are one city club just like us. They have great fans but I suppose lots of clubs have . Good luck to them but I think they could go down this year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great club, great fans, great awayday but a **** of an owner you guys don’t deserve. If you had a Geordie Tony Bloom for a few years you’d probably be top 4.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
I'm intrigued by this idea, since when I was growing up in Newhaven I always thought the then big 4 clubs had a pretty equal share of fans. Certainly never noticed a disproportionate number of Arsenal fans.

After our last Newcastle away game I ended up staying in a Premier Inn in Darlington after I literally couldn't fit on the last train to Sheffield due to the number of Newcastle fans returning to Durham and Darlington.

Yes I used Arsenal as an example. London is so huge that we have Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and also West Ham a big deal down here. Plus obviously Man U and Liverpool. North East its Newcastle, Liverpool and Man U that have fans in say Darlington, Carlisle and all over the region. Middlesborough, Darlington, Hartlepool, Carlisle tho' will be a local club fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I used Arsenal as an example. London is so huge that we have Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and also West Ham a big deal down here. Plus obviously Man U and Liverpool. North East its Newcastle, Liverpool and Man U that have fans in say Darlington, Carlisle and all over the region. Middlesborough, Darlington, Hartlepool, Carlisle tho' will be a local club fans.

Sunderland are just across the river.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

Thank god for that, the idea of Sussex being full of Arsenal fans is, disturbing.

Sunderland probably deserves a place on any list of North East clubs. Certainly before you get to Carlisle.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Thank god for that, the idea of Sussex being full of Arsenal fans is, disturbing.

Sunderland probably deserves a place on any list of North East clubs. Certainly before you get to Carlisle.

I didnt mention Sunderland because they dont lose support to Newcastle, the others do. They also dont really take support from the others save where the catchment areas cross over.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My claim to fame is that I've played football with Asprilla's interpreter at Hove Rec. years' ago.

I have a Geordie related claim to fame, George Robledo and his brother Ted lodged at my Grandads house when they played for Barnsley, and they became good friends (was a legend for the Mags early Fifties, when they were winning stuff, highest goals tally for a foreign born player in England till Dwight Yorke topped it).
When Newcastle signed George, he insisted they sign his brother too, or no deal.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I didnt mention Sunderland because they dont lose support to Newcastle, the others do. They also dont really take support from the others save where the catchment areas cross over.

"Where the catchment areas cross over" is pretty much the whole of County Durham. All "big" clubs around the country draw their main support from a wide area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here