Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My team for Saturday

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Um, now let me think?

am i missing something? Hoskins is a more complete player and now fit I would have expected to start, he and CMS could form a good understanding but they need game time, Yes Barnes scored against Wrexham, but has looked very average for the last 2 months, hence no goals and Brighton hardly no goals.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Brez

El Abd
Dunk
Greer
Calderon

Sparrow
Bridcutt
Buckley

Barnes :)facepalm:)
CMS
JFC

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Perhaps some people can see past the drivel that gets posted on here about him.

I dont have an issue with Barnes, I have never slated him on here, just feel he has looked average as said above for a few months now, I apprecaite he has played out of position, but still average. I see a role for him coming off the bench as he did so well on Wednesday, but not currently as a starter....unless 3 up front of course.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think it will be

Brezovan

Calderon-Greer-ElAbd (Hall if not fit)-Vincelot

Navarro-Sparrow-Bridcutt-Harley

Hoskins-CMS

Subs: Casper, Hall (Vickers if Hall starts), Buckley, Barnes, JFC/Agdestein/Vicente depending on fitness

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Indeed, sometimes it is better to play than not, just to get your mind off other things. However, it is up to the lad himself and Gus to decide, each person is different.....but the longer he leaves it not playing, the more difficult it will make it when he does come back IMO.

Exactly, and although it might seem nice to get that "first game back" under his belt at a home game, the fixtures just do not offer up a quiet Tuesday night game at home to Barnsley. If he doesn't get that game behind him, we are looking at a LIVE telly game vs Newcastle, and then a trip to Palace. I've got to say, THIS looks like the game to do it, but as you say, it's depends on a load of things that only Gus and teh player will be able to make the call on, because it's all about how he is in himself.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
am i missing something? Hoskins is a more complete player and now fit I would have expected to start, he and CMS could form a good understanding but they need game time, Yes Barnes scored against Wrexham, but has looked very average for the last 2 months, hence no goals and Brighton hardly no goals.

He's only started 4 league games since the start of November, and with the exception of the Burnly game in which he was sent off, we won all of them. Hoskins hasn't really done much in the last couple of games.

For what its worth, I'd start Hoskins as well, so I'm not arguing that, I just think its a bit silly when people act all suprised because some people dont conform to popular opinion on NSC. :)

D

Deleted member 18477

brez

calde - dunk - greer - el abd - vincelot

buckley - bridcutt - sparrow - JFC

hoskins

subs: gonzalez, hall, navarro, vicente/barnes, CMS

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's only started 4 league games since the start of November, and with the exception of the Burnly game in which he was sent off, we won all of them. Hoskins hasn't really done much in the last couple of games.

For what its worth, I'd start Hoskins as well, so I'm not arguing that, I just think its a bit silly when people act all suprised because some people dont conform to popular opinion on NSC. :)

spot on

no-one at the ground to report on who boards the coach this afternoon? Due to leave for Peterboro about now

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a chance Dunk will travel.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
why whats he done?

Missed recovery/training yesterday, spent 19 hours in a police cell. Can't help but think he might not quite be fit/in the right frame of mind ?

adasmki83

Jun 24, 2009
Apologies if already discussed but wont Sparrow and Barnes be suspended after picking their 5 bookings of the season on Wednesday night??

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Fair shout, as I say I have never slated Barnes and have always thought he is a real tryer, but something has been missing for me recently, hopefully he will rediscover what had soon as we could do with some of his goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here