Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My son's first proper Albion match tomorrow - any tips?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
K Agustien to score anytime 15/2 is my tip

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I got sick of my 4yr old (was probably 3 at the time) always wanting to go toilet during the game. So I just told him the toilets are shut during the game and only open at half time.

I build up every game to the MAX like it's the Champions League Final. He knows it's important, loves all the players and never gets bored. I have it pretty easy I guess!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Don't let him on here after the game. It's going to be CARNAGE.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hope you both have a great day. That first live footie game was a real rite of passage for me, I'll never forget it, was one of those lifetime moments when my Dad took me to the Goldstone in '66. Still gives me a warm glow to think of that night. Brilliant. Not just the footie but the colour under floodlights, the atmosphere, crowd singing, the good humour / banter among the crowd, the smell of pipe tobacco and occasional whiff of spirits as the hip flask got passed around by my Dad and his mates. The smell of linament as players warmed up. Marvellous scenes.

P.S. Tell your lad to take his boots, he might get a game at left back.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I got sick of my 4yr old (was probably 3 at the time) always wanting to go toilet during the game. So I just told him the toilets are shut during the game and only open at half time.
!

He'll remember that when you're in the nursing home bursting for a piss...

"The nurse bell only works for 10 minutes every day Dad"

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I remember taking my son, who was i think 4 maybe 5 at the time to Gillingham for his first game.

We lost to Carlisle, were utterly awful, yet he still wanted more. Take plenty of sweets, and maybe a game boy/phone for half time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My sons were about 4 when I started taking them at Withdean. Way too young but I wanted to brainwash them early into supporting the Albion. My advice - take a Nintendo DS and just let him absorb it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My eldest has been going regularly since he was 18 months. My middle child has been regular from the age of 2. The older one really watches the match, the middle one pays good attention with some moments of distraction. My youngest (9 months) attends strapped to her mum so is generally no trouble

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wee before match and at halftime. Sweeties at half time only food needed. Pie in winter though!

Program a must. Do the Gully gang stuff together. Encourage but don't force to join in with one or two simple chants. If learns GOSBTS make him sing it CORRECT SPEED!

Make sure you're not negative even if Casper plays and howls it up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here