Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My son is mascot for the Palace match!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was a mascot at Withdean once! :clap2: And I would have been the mascot for the Plymouth game at the Priestfield, but it was on a tuesday night so my mum said no. I was 10, mind.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I was a mascot in the 80's vs Middlesbro' away. I put one past Graham Mosely and walked out with Danny Wilson. it was a complete surprise and was one of the best days of my life !!! Your son will remember this day his whole life, it was a great experience. Enjoy

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure who is more excited, me or him. Has anybody else's child been mascot before? and what can i expect?

Cannot bloody wait :lolol:

Couldn't have picked a better match (if we win at least) hope he has a cracking time!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not sure who is more excited, me or him. Has anybody else's child been mascot before? and what can i expect?

Cannot bloody wait :lolol:

Hope you've told him to do the :tosser: gesture at Dougie Freedman :lol:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I was lucky really. I've been a mascot for the albion 3 times. Shrewsbury away in the late 90s, away at wrexham 2004 and away at shrewsbury in 2005 carling cup. Happy days :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Make sure he dosnt leave any valuables in the dressing room, give them to Gus to look after, the pikeys will be in there like a shot as soon as he walks onto the pitch.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hope your lad enjoys it .

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
My Grandson was the mascot for Coventry away.He was treated fantastically by Coventry.In through the players entrance to await the team.Allowed by the Albion management to enter the Changing room and meet Gus and the boys.Then Coventry laid on a kick around on the pitch with 3 Coventry mascots and two of their ball boys for about 20 mins.A photographer was there to take pictures of this and with the official CCFC Elephant.Coventry gave him a couple of programmes with his picture in(we had to provide a passport snap before the programme was printed and they sent a free DVD with about 15 pictures of his day on it.
I was allowed to be with him all day and also to record pictures and video from the touchline.
He is a WSU season ticket holder so the chance to see Gus,Charlie and the team face to face(as opposed to from half way to heaven) was a great thrill,he got a shirt signed and was lead onto the pitch by his hero Craig Noone,he got to shake hands with all the Coventry team,the Ref and his assistants.
A great day out for a 6 y.o. and we have got a Picture and a short story about his being mascot into the sports section of the West Sussex County Times to push the Albion story into the local community.
He also got some great memories to tell his school chums and hopefully convert some.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Was it just a case of walking out on the pitch or did you get to do other things?

Erm i was on the pitch during the warm ups with a ball and a couple others, also most of the time a player will come over and knock a ball around with you too. Also went in the changing rooms and had a pic with my fav player. I'm 17 now and i still remember it all. Amazing experience, you kid will love it! oh and also got a couple of complimentary tickets :)

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
My Grandson was the mascot for Coventry away.He was treated fantastically by Coventry.In through the players entrance to await the team.Allowed by the Albion management to enter the Changing room and meet Gus and the boys.Then Coventry laid on a kick around on the pitch with 3 Coventry mascots and two of their ball boys for about 20 mins.A photographer was there to take pictures of this and with the official CCFC Elephant.Coventry gave him a couple of programmes with his picture in(we had to provide a passport snap before the programme was printed and they sent a free DVD with about 15 pictures of his day on it.
I was allowed to be with him all day and also to record pictures and video from the touchline.
He is a WSU season ticket holder so the chance to see Gus,Charlie and the team face to face(as opposed to from half way to heaven) was a great thrill,he got a shirt signed and was lead onto the pitch by his hero Craig Noone,he got to shake hands with all the Coventry team,the Ref and his assistants.
A great day out for a 6 y.o. and we have got a Picture and a short story about his being mascot into the sports section of the West Sussex County Times to push the Albion story into the local community.
He also got some great memories to tell his school chums and hopefully convert some.

Thanks for that mate, good insight! More excited now. What worries me is, do you both just get directed to a random seat together when the match kicks off? I don't want to be dumped in with the palace fans. lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here