Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My review of Charlie Oatway: Tackling Life

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm only prepared to accept Nelson Mandela from this list without argument. And possibly Jordan.
I guess Mr Morris isn't prepared to accept any of them, as he's still not answered my simple question:-

How does wanton vandalism equate to a legendary status.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
'One question which remains unanswered is whether or not, as rumour has it, Cheeky Charlie was involved in the teen gang which smashed up the Blue Peter garden. Which is a shame, not least because it would have further elevated the uncompromising coach to yet further heights of legend'

Err care to explain further.

Les Ferdinand was on some programme or another (I remember watching it) and he was jokingly asked whether he had smashed up the garden (in 1983) because he went to the local school.

He jokingly said, no but I helped them over the wall.

This has grown into an urban myth that Dennis Wise and Les Ferdinand were involved and it appears you can now add any footballer who happened to grow up in Shepherds Bush....

Well since Charlie Oatway would have been ten at the t

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dennis wasn't going over any walls, unassisted.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Out of interest, did everyone else who read it enjoy it?

I liked it, bit Point A > Point B > Point C but a nice enough enough read, infinitely preferable to reading Roy Keane or Maradona,

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just spent the afternoon in Derby shopping centre with Mrs PW, in WH Smith when I did a double take at a book...."Thats Charlie Oatway"

On the Bargain rack reduced from £1.99 to 20p.

Read first 30 pages whilst Mrs shopped, didn't realise he was such a nutter.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Just spent the afternoon in Derby shopping centre with Mrs PW, in WH Smith when I did a double take at a book...."Thats Charlie Oatway"

On the Bargain rack reduced from £1.99 to 20p.

Read first 30 pages whilst Mrs shopped, didn't realise he was such a nutter.

Derby Westfield is a bit glam!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
the very same. How the hell did an Oatway book get up there?

Yes very strange! I'm wondering if the bookstore ordering the original 'Tackling Life' by the legend Jonny Wilkinson but recieved Charlies version instead. I've read Jonny's and Charlie's and they're both very interesting reads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here