Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My respect for TB keeps on growing

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The losses are because after the sale of the Goldstone, the Albion had nothing. He had to build from scratch. Give it another 5 years then the club has a very good chance of being self sufficient with the support the Albion has.

Am not sure that is necessarily true. Tony Bloom funded the stadium, its expansion and the new training complex and has not started taking a penny back. It isn't like the Albion took out high interest loans to fund it because it didn't have any funds set aside.

As far as building the club's current, amazing, infrastructure, the Albion pretty much got it for free, thanks to the generosity of Tony Bloom.

Therefore I can't understand why what had gone before would impact on the club's current finances.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The one thing that I won't have is that players sign a contract purely and simply based around money. Some do. Others, Upson I'd imagine, don't. I appreciate this is difficult for many to comprehend, but there are other factors in life -- including football -- than money. There is the chance to actually play football (see El-Abd and, again I'd imagine, Upson). There is the way in which a club plays football. There is the ethos of the club. There is the potential and long-term direction of the club. On all of these additional points -- and, no doubt, plenty others -- we're doing just fine.

Feb 14, 2010
Am not sure that is necessarily true. Tony Bloom funded the stadium, its expansion and the new training complex and has not started taking a penny back. It isn't like the Albion took out high interest loans to fund it because it didn't have any funds set aside.

As far as building the club's current, amazing, infrastructure, the Albion pretty much got it for free, thanks to the generosity of Tony Bloom.

Therefore I can't understand why what had gone before would impact on the club's current finances.

Fair enough, I think I did just trot out a cliche. I don't know obviously. I suppose top flight football with TV income would be a game changer. Return of standing might help

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I just hope that we have a very good idea how we are going to spend the money from Barnes, El Abd and almost certainly Bridcutt - that may be in excess of £4m, so I hope we have some good news to announce at the same time that we get more bad news!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I just hope that we have a very good idea how we are going to spend the money from Barnes, El Abd and almost certainly Bridcutt - that may be in excess of £4m, so I hope we have some good news to announce at the same time that we get more bad news!

We're in the duration of the transfer window at the moment, not at its end. The time for pessimism will come when this window closes, provided pessimism is appropriate. Given what's gone on in the past few years, I don't expect it to be, but neither do I expect wild optimism to be the appropriate register.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hence my use of the word 'hopefully'.

That rumour about Watford is a load of balls by the way.

Probably is..his son play for their youth development squad and he is involved in the coaching side, so what would he know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here