Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My new season ticket - the view!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My view. Love it.

Brighton_and_Hove-20130126-00476_zpsde8378f9.jpg

Immediately above us Bladders....bang in line with the penalty spot!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There were 2 games yesterday, the under 21 and DS game, they played in the DS game at the Amex

The youth team game (U-18s) was actually played on Saturday. The development squad ARE the U-21s (they play in the Professional Development League U-21 competition; the game at the Amex last night against Millwall was a fixture in that competition).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I never have got the idea of U21, in our last game we played:

Brezovan 33
Painter 26
Crofts 28
Dicker 26

Dunk, Agdestein and Barker scraped in at 21

Why is it called the U21 team?

When Gus first joined us, we had a reserve team that played in the totesport.com Combination League. That season, there were a total of 10 teams in the division, making 18 matches. The following season, the league was down to 7 teams, meaning there were only 12 matches. At the same time, Gus had switched the emphasis of the side from being merely a "reserve" side to provide matches for first-teamers not being selected (and returning from injury/suspension) to being predominantly a "development squad" that would provide a stepping stone between the youth team (U-18s) and the first-team.

By last season, the league was down to 6 teams, meaning only 10 matches, which is pretty useless and serves virtually no purpose. The development squad actually played more friendlies during the course of the season than league matches. In early 2012, the FA introduced the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). As part of that initiative, reserve and youth team football was restructured. Each club is assessed and their academy is ranked from Category 1 through 4.

Albion is attempting to be assessed as a Category 2 academy (I believe the assessments are still being conducted). As such, they play in the Professional Development League 2 - South. There are matches at U-21 level (played by the development squad), U-18 level (played by the youth team) and, I believe, at younger age groups too, but they don't get reported.

The regulations for the U-21 games allow a limited number of over-age players (I believe the goalkeeper can be any age, and 3 outfield players can be over 21). Hence the sprinkling of older players that we see playing for the development squad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This was my view from the NW corner on Saturday.

View attachment 41383

How was it? I've posted on another thread too but I'm WSL this season but finances a bit tight so am thinking about moving into NW corner and been offered two in Block A, Row O. I'm really struggling with decision, think I need to make it tonight as it seems seats are selling fairly fast

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How was it? I've posted on another thread too but I'm WSL this season but finances a bit tight so am thinking about moving into NW corner and been offered two in Block A, Row O. I'm really struggling with decision, think I need to make it tonight as it seems seats are selling fairly fast

I liked it there, although I'd want to be higher than O - eg Z, AA.

Also, it has its own, small food bar there, which is great in theory, but the staff seemed suprised at EVERY request last week...

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

I moved up to an empty seat in NWC for the second half of the Charlton game. Thought the view was great so moved my season ticket there. Here's a pic from that game... (and ive actually logged into my PC to make sure the pic doesnt go upside down.)

I think this was row Z but unfortunately I was only able to get row U for my season ticket.

photo.JPG

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I liked it there, although I'd want to be higher than O - eg Z, AA.

Also, it has its own, small food bar there, which is great in theory, but the staff seemed suprised at EVERY request last week...

I moved up to an empty seat in NWC for the second half of the Charlton game. Thought the view was great so moved my season ticket there. Here's a pic from that game... (and ive actually logged into my PC to make sure the pic doesnt go upside down.)

I think this was row Z but unfortunately I was only able to get row U for my season ticket.

View attachment 41416

Cheers! Just took another look at the plan ... so it seems row O is three rows from the front (because of the tunnel) but still over half way up the lower tier so I'd have thought row height would be fine. We're in row G of WSL at moment and it's a bit low but always figured row J/K/L or that sort of height would be perfect .. maybe higher because further away from the end??

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Cheers! Just took another look at the plan ... so it seems row O is three rows from the front (because of the tunnel) but still over half way up the lower tier so I'd have thought row height would be fine. We're in row G of WSL at moment and it's a bit low but always figured row J/K/L or that sort of height would be perfect .. maybe higher because further away from the end??

I know what you mean. I'm in row F of WSL so also wanted a better view. It is quite deceptive because the row lettering in WSL don't seem to match up with row lettering in NWC.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I know what you mean. I'm in row F of WSL so also wanted a better view. It is quite deceptive because the row lettering in WSL don't seem to match up with row lettering in NWC.

So what row would you say row O compares to in WSL? How would you rate the view by comparison, sort of out of 10?

fusion1296

Mar 17, 2012
Hi All,
ive changed my season ticket from ESU , on the center line , great view but no atmosphere ive moved to NW corner hope will be more atmosphere there , managed to get row AA so hopefully quite high up , anyone know what the letters go up 2 ?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I sat in AA in the NW to test out the new view at the Palace game, and that was third to back.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
So what row would you say row O compares to in WSL? How would you rate the view by comparison, sort of out of 10?

Crikey, hard to say. I know that from row F (and in line with the north end 6 yard box), you cant tell whats going on at the south end in the first half. However, the second half is a different matter. When Vicente scored against Hull City and ran over to edge of the pitch I almost felt like I was there with him.

Moving your seat is a long lasting decision and that's why I went to the Development Squad game just to make sure that the new NWC seat I'd selected over the phone on Monday morning was OK.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

Im going to the young seagulls open day tomorrow (with my son) so I can take a pic from row O if you want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here