Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My MAIN worry after today

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Bridcutt limped off at the end.

I think a sense of reality is required. We played one of the best teams in Europe who have spent incredible amounts on players, and are leaps and bounds ahead of us in every department. We conceeded 3 own goals and let in 3 goals going for the win.

The league is the priority and judging by the first half display we have a VERY good chance of making the play offs. The real quality of the lads will be shown on Tuesday, lets hope they respond.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Yes one of the best teams in Europe who haven't even qualified for the Europa League this season and are miles off the pace in the PL

Depends what you define as the best really. For example I'd back Liverpool to beat half the teams who qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Yes one of the best teams in Europe who haven't even qualified for the Europa League this season and are miles off the pace in the PL

Or a side that has the second best defensive record in the Premier League and reached the final of the Carling Cup.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My main worry is going to work tomorrow in Liverpool having spent most of last week telling them what a good team we are.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I think a sense of reality is required. We played one of the best teams in Europe who have spent incredible amounts on players, and are leaps and bounds ahead of us in every department. We conceeded 3 own goals and let in 3 goals going for the win.

The league is the priority and judging by the first half display we have a VERY good chance of making the play offs. The real quality of the lads will be shown on Tuesday, lets hope they respond.

It's Wednesday for the next game.

Yes, Liverpool are a superior team, but it was only 2-1 at the Amex. We collapsed completely in the 2nd half, although not expected to win, it was a shambolic performance (2nd half), especially from Brezovan.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Liverpool are an above average Premier League team, they're zip in Europe currently and we have just been taught a big lesson re how much money it takes to just get to this level, let alone the higher reaches of the Prem, let alone Europe - mind you, it would've helped if we'd closed them down more, passed more quickly, moved around the pitch, been stronger on the ball, had a confident goalkeeper etc etc etc etc - GOD I'M DEPRESSED!!!!!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Reality check here from Mr Optimist. At 1-1 KZL could have crossed for a Vokes tap in. 2-1 to us and who knows what might have happened? I do agree with the ESPN analysts though, we need to develop another gear. But that will come. A few seasons in this league improving the squad and we willbe ready forthe Premiership. TNBA TTF

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's Wednesday for the next game.

Yes, Liverpool are a superior team, but it was only 2-1 at the Amex. We collapsed completely in the 2nd half, although not expected to win, it was a shambolic performance (2nd half), especially from Brezovan.

Liverpool played a far stronger team this time round .....also at anfield....and in the first half at the Amex were miles quicker thn us..just didn't convert there chances

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Reality check here from Mr Optimist. At 1-1 KZL could have crossed for a Vokes tap in. 2-1 to us and who knows what might have happened? I do agree with the ESPN analysts though, we need to develop another gear. But that will come. A few seasons in this league improving the squad and we willbe ready forthe Premiership. TNBA TTF

Exactly....pundits like Twaddle don't seem to understand tht we are evolving a style of play tht is still developing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Yes, but er, they are NOT in Europe and are currently 21 points behind the leaders of the premiership....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, but er, they are NOT in Europe and are currently 21 points behind the leaders of the premiership....
But they WILL be in Europe again next year.......again. If they play anything like they did today they'll tonk Cardiff next weekend, and they're only four points off a European place in the league (and look a lot better than Chelsea or Arsenal at the moment). They're a top side. OK, so we were outclassed today, but we're not looking to get up amongst the likes of Liverpool, are we? Somewhere around the Fulhams, West Broms, Norwiches, etc. would be just fine

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But they WILL be in Europe again next year.......again. If they play anything like they did today they'll tonk Cardiff next weekend, and they're only four points off a European place in the league (and look a lot better than Chelsea or Arsenal at the moment). They're a top side. OK, so we were outclassed today, but we're not looking to get up amongst the likes of Liverpool, are we? Somewhere around the Fulhams, West Broms, Norwiches, etc. would be just fine
If Liverpool are one of the best teams in Europe we need to have a major re-think about our possibilities. Liverpool have been on the slide for several years and are not showing anything like the consistent form required to be a good team.The current team are not a patch on the Liverpool of old. Time was when they had proven match winners all over the pitch, now there is Gerrard and .............? we showed too much respect and did not battle...

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Blimey Crawley have played like world beaters against prem clubs in the past but it doesn't make them any better than they are. We beat prem club Newcastle but that doesn't make us world class so it doesn't make us sh*te just because of one loss at Anfield. Time to put this one behind us and carry on the development

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here