Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My god, I love this club.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I just want to prefix this with the fact that yes, I am drunk, however, I know I will read this in the morning and agree with every word I said.

I work on a cruise ship, on the other side of the world, and was in the crew bar with a great DJ, and about 30 seconds of 'Praise You' came on, and my god, it really hit me.

I couldn't be prouder/happier/have more love than I do for the football club that we are all on here for. Obviously, we are biased, but I do think genuinely think we truly are a special club. This might not be news to anyone, but feel like I had to say it.

- A genuine fan as an owner. Have we ever had someone involved with the Albion that has ever had a bigger impact?
- A local lad and club legend as captain.
- A manager who has taken us to places we couldn't believe who just seems to get it while giving us the most entertaining football we have ever seen.
- Venturning in to Europe for the first time, and doing better than we all expected.
- A constant, and ongoing recruitment policy that seems to always succeed.
- So many players (Gross, Veltman, Estupinian, Gilmour, Pedro) who I think we are genuinely blessed to have, and all of these despite having sold so many.
- And despite all of this, we still feel like a club who hasn't sold it soul to get it.

Whenever I get asked where I am from, I have never been prouder to say I am from Brighton, and if they know of us, I never hear a bad word.

Enjoy what we have, while we have it. These are magic times, they won't last forever.

Sorry for the ramble,
Jack

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Quality ramble, Jack! Passion-fuelled by booze or not, it articulates a lot of what we all feel about our wonderful club. And, as a fan since the late 70s, I will never take anything for granted…I’m smelling the roses every day with the Albion.

Anyway well done for taking a minute and sharing your feelings 👏🏼

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Beautifully put Jack.
As you sit at the bar scrolling the positive replies, have another drink and soak in the pride in what your very own club has achieved.
There's too much rubbish going on in the world, so make sure you enjoy the good stuff which we have been presented with.
I did manage to make it back to my cabin before posting this. Thank you though, we should all enjoy it while we can.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I just want to prefix this with the fact that yes, I am drunk, however, I know I will read this in the morning and agree with every word I said.

I work on a cruise ship, on the other side of the world, and was in the crew bar with a great DJ, and about 30 seconds of 'Praise You' came on, and my god, it really hit me.

I couldn't be prouder/happier/have more love than I do for the football club that we are all on here for. Obviously, we are biased, but I do think genuinely think we truly are a special club. This might not be news to anyone, but feel like I had to say it.

- A genuine fan as an owner. Have we ever had someone involved with the Albion that has ever had a bigger impact?
- A manager who has taken us to places we couldn't believe who just seems to get it while giving us the most entertaining football we have ever seen.
- Venturning in to Europe for the first time, and doing better than we all expected.
- So many players (Gross, Veltman, Estupinian, Gilmour, Pedro) who I think we are genuinely blessed to have, and all of these despite having sold so many.
- And despite all of this, we still feel like a club who hasn't sold it soul to get it.

Whenever I get asked where I am from, I have never been prouder to say I am from Brighton, and if they know of us, I never hear a bad word.

Enjoy what we have, while we have it. These are magic times, they won't last forever.

Sorry for the ramble,
Jack
Nothing ever lasts for ever, and we should not get all billy bigbollocks, but I think we have more to come.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brilliant post @JOLovegrove.

I took a Canadian pal to a Brighton match in the early noughties when he stayed at mine for a few days. After a drive, we parked up, and he said 'Is this Brighton?'. I said, 'No, mate, this is Watford'. The idea of going to an away game was anathema to someone whose nearest big city rival is 970.6 km away and he couldn't quite make sense of what was happening.

So we walked through the streets to Vicarage Road, and into the ground and we had the whole of one end behind the goal, and the look on my mate's face was a picture. A massive noisy crowd at an away match. In the second tier of football. WTF?

When he flew home I gave him a home shirt with our new striker's name on the back (Molango, ironically - whatever happened to him? ??? :wink: ). He still wears it.

I chat often and to this day my pal keeps up with the scores and, these days, he can watch us on the telly quite often. We have come a long, long way....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But we don’t have any megaphones or ring fenced money 🤷🏻‍♂️

Great post - I love passionate posts like this especially pissed up ones 🙌

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sorry for the ramble,
Jack
I like you when youre pissed. Please keep drinking!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant post @JOLovegrove.

I took a Canadian pal to a Brighton match in the early noughties when he stayed at mine for a few days. After a drive, we parked up, and he said 'Is this Brighton?'. I said, 'No, mate, this is Watford'. The idea of going to an away game was anathema to someone whose nearest big city rival is 970.6 km away and he couldn't quite make sense of what was happening.

So we walked through the streets to Vicarage Road, and into the ground and we had the whole of one end behind the goal, and the look on my mate's face was a picture. A massive noisy crowd at an away match. In the second tier of football. WTF?

When he flew home I gave him a home shirt with our new striker's name on the back (Molango, ironically - whatever happened to him? ??? :wink: ). He still wears it.

I chat often and to this day my pal keeps up with the scores and, these days, he can watch us on the telly quite often. We have come a long, long way....
Together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here