Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My first post here ( 22 years supporting the albion) summer transfer worries

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Perhaps our best “signing” in recent years is our recruitment team, and they’re who we really need to keep together to keep on digging up that gold dust. It’s the nature of the game that some of our players might be prised away by “bigger clubs” and as long as they move on with dignity and respect for the club that gave them their opportunity then it would be churlish to resent them taking their chance.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
What, so we didn't sell in the Championship (Stephens, Dunk etc) but now will as a Prem team??

I agree in general that we won’t sell our best players.

However, I think if a player is wanted by a top six side he will want to leave, and I don’t think we would stand in his way. If we did, it would put off other ambitious players joining us in the future.

At present though, I think Dunk is the only one a top six side might want. Maybe Gross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Players have already been the subject of bids in the last 2 seasons and yet how many have we sold that we didn't want to? Nil. I see no reason why that would not continue (bar relegation obviously). The only players that probably want to leave are those on the fringe, Uwe the most likely I would think.

What we appear to have at the club is an extremely tight unit, magnificent team spirit and they all seem to enjoy playing for us. You have to factor that in too, particularly when you have players like Rosenior and Sidwell around who will appreciate the importance of that more than the youngsters do currently and can give them good advice in that regard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am a regular stalker of North stand chat but never got a profile set up until now..
Absolutely delighted with the progress we are making with a "relegation favourite" squad . I honestly think Chris and the team deserve a medal for the work in the transfer market and not just this season . There was a time when a Brighton transfer was a punt at best . We seem to have a settled squad . However does anyone else have an looming sense of dread at the potential ram raid on our squad in the summer ? Are The like of Dunk , Duffy , Ryan - our backbone ... All on the radar or squads struggling defensively? Can we compete with the mega salaries if we stay up ?

On a side note I believe 10th in the league is a fair reflection of our quality and there are too many clubs worse below us to go down .including palace preferably .

Looking forward to many more posts here . :)

Good first post Tom. Looking forward to your second post in 2040 :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We seem to have a club full of good characters so I don't foresee any first team regulars pushing for a move away. It would take a very tempting offer for the club to consider selling anyone they would rather keep.

If we do receive such an offer, then it is not a problem, just an opportunity to improve an already excellent squad.

A feel quite relaxed regarding player sales, we will only sell on our terms and I'm confident that the club will have in place a large dossier on potential replacements for every one of our current squad, just in case we do get an offer too good to turn down or in the event of a major injury.

What a great job our recruitment team have, watching football for a living and planning how to spend someone else's millions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here