Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My first home game in 11 years

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
As mentioned on a previous thread, this weekend's match against Hartlepool will be my first home game since 10th December 1999, when we lost to Rochdale 4-3 in torrential rain. I vowed on that night that I wold never set foot in the Withdean again, but have weakened as it is one of our last games to be played there....

So, I have one question. I need to get back to Yorkshire by train after the game. Do trains run from Preston Park straight back to London soon after the game, or do I have to go back to Brighton for a direct train? National Rail website says that there are no direct trains from Preston Park, but I'd heard about a 'football special' service?

Cheers all...

Last edited:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I think you may find it is H'pool we are playing.

i remember that rochdale game....ouch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who do you support? Who is at home to Hudds on Saturday?

(We're playing Hartlepool...)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Aren't the last 2 home games against Scumhampton and Huddersfield only available to fans with ticket stubs from the first five/four/three home games of the season ?

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Hartlepool....obviously. Sorry, am very tired at the moment. Post edited now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm sure someone will reply to your question authoritatively but from memory you will have to go back to Brighton Station (I'm sure now I've said it someone will correct me :) )

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I come down from London on the train for every home game and always get the train home from Preston Park. So, unless they're doing something different this Saturday because of engineering work, for example, you'll have no trouble getting back up there from Preston Park.

I'd check with National Rail enquiries on the engineering works, though, if I were you.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
As mentioned on a previous thread, this weekend's match against Hartlepool will be my first home game since 10th December 1999, when we lost to Rochdale 4-3 in torrential rain. I vowed on that night that I wold never set foot in the Withdean again, but have weakened as it is one of our last games to be played there....

So, I have one question. I need to get back to Yorkshire by train after the game. Do trains run from Preston Park straight back to London soon after the game, or do I have to go back to Brighton for a direct train? National Rail website says that there are no direct trains from Preston Park, but I'd heard about a 'football special' service?

Cheers all...

catch the 17.11 from Preston Park to London Bridge , then get the Northern line to kings cross/st pancras

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
catch the 17.11 from Preston Park to London Bridge , then get the Northern line to kings cross/st pancras

Its cutting it a bit fine if you stay until the final whistle , with everyone trying to leave it can take a good 5 minutes or so to get out of the ground. When we went earlier in the season it was 17.15 just to get round to the number 27 bus stop outside the Sportsman. A brisk walk to PP station via the path will take about 10 minutes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I usually wander down to Preston Park and catch a fast train at about 5.25 to Haywards Heath which take sbaout 11 minutes. Not sure where it goes after that but from HH you can get to London very easily and quickly provided no rail works. If it goes HH and then Gatwick so much the better you can jump on the fast Gatwick to Victoria train.

D

Deleted User X18H

Get the 17:11 or 17:25 northwards frpm Preston Park. I'll be snug indoors by then but thinking of you.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
no, but people that bought tickets for the first 3 get reserved tickets

What happens to those blue members umongst us who should get priority on high profile home games. Surely the last few games at withdean are high profile. Sounds like this could be another con

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here