Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My feckin wife again...... has only booked a short holiday for..... This feckin weekend !!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Don't go
Divorce her
If your mad enough to remarry lay down a few ground rules.
Seriously Don't Go.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5691467 said:
I've gifted my girlfriend a very special present for this weekend. A ticket for Monday night. She says she's so grateful and will show her appreciation by purchasing us tickets Viva Forever. :facepalm:

Qulloaity!

Tell her you'd rather have unlimited access to her beaver forever!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5691467 said:
I've gifted my girlfriend a very special present for this weekend. A ticket for Monday night. She says she's so grateful and will show her appreciation by purchasing us tickets Viva Forever. :facepalm:

Tell her you'd love to see Viva Forever in July!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] - It's a nightmare, an absolute nightmare - BUT... I'm certain it'll all be water under the bridge if we win the tie. Walk along Wembley way, on THE biggest day for the Albion since 1997, and you'll feel a lot better. And you'll party like the rest of us if we win that one... :drink:

(On the other hand, if we lose the tie, then you'll have been spared the most painful Albion experience you can imagine)

This. There's a few people who are going to hide behind the settee all weekend.
There are loads of bars in Albufeira that will be showing the game.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I absolutely do not get this. (but then going through a divorce so not actually an expert in relationships!) But, really, if the husband/wife/girlfriend knows you, surely they dont go and book anything on one of the most important dates in the clubs history?!?! Really am I missing something?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i wouldn't go. But if you do there's a sports bar at Faro airport where they show football

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My feckin wife again...... has only booked a short holiday for..... This feckin

I absolutely do not get this. (but then going through a divorce so not actually an expert in relationships!) But, really, if the husband/wife/girlfriend knows you, surely they dont go and book anything on one of the most important dates in the clubs history?!?! Really am I missing something?

Odd isn't it? However, it's not uncommon for women to do this when they know their men really want to do something else. It's like a way of flexing their muscles and testing just how much of the upper hand and control they have in a relationship.

It's one thing to have booked a holiday months in advance to coincide with school holiday etc., but to do it a couple of days before is nothing more than a shit-test. I'm certain that, even if it causes a major hump in the short term, a man will get a lot more respect off of his other half in the long term if he puts his foot down and postpones the holiday.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003

Mr Mellotron, I did and I expected a return trip landing around midday she is saying this was the best deal.

In all fairness we have had a tuff year, we stick the little one in nursery 5days a week from 8am - 6pm and we dont spend alot of time together as a unit, and I am a bloody handfull.

Well I was with you till you mentioned " the little one ".........it's time you spent sometime as a unit.......

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Leave your passport home so you have to miss flight & tell her that she should still go & you will try to catch another flight.
I said say try.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Be more like me and tell her how complicated it is to book a holiday. All the things you have to think about.

In charge and no nasty surprises :)

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
***********NEWS FLASH*******
if you are booked with easyjet you can change your flight free of charge to any of the earlier flights that day just by turning up at the airport 2 hours before any of them go...check out their policy on their website i have used this superb facilty a few times after booking the 'cheaper' late flight home. as long as there are seats available which you can check on line by trying book any of the earlier flights and put in say 40 people and you will know that there are still 40 seats left on this flights...on Monday you have flights at 9.25am and 11.25am to choose from (11.25 defintely has more than 40 seats left on it at the moment)
its on the easyjet webiste under their policies and here is a question asked on FAQ section, i use this all the time so no excuse not to be on that 11.25am flight back to sussex
--------------------------------------------
Can I take an earlier flight home on a return trip?

i would like to know, if i have a flight booked and i arrive early to the airport on that day, and there is an earlier flight with the same destination - can i board that plane? or do i have to wait for the plane my seat is booked for?

Answered

Hi Megandmitchell8,

If you arrive early at the airport for your flight home, you may transfer for free onto an earlier flight on the same day as the flight originally booked, provided this flight has seats available and you transferring won’t cause a delay.

Please make your way to the easyJet sales desk to request a free transfer to an earlier flight. The only stipulation is that you must have already made an outbound journey with easyJet and be returning to your original departure airport.

Regards,

Chris

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Odd isn't it? However, it's not uncommon for women to do this when they know their men really want to do something else. It's like a way of flexing their muscles and testing just how much of the upper hand and control they have in a relationship.

It's one thing to have booked a holiday months in advance to coincide with school holiday etc., but to do it a couple of days before is nothing more than a shit-test. I'm certain that, even if it causes a major hump in the short term, a man will get a lot more respect off of his other half in the long term if he puts his foot down and postpones the holiday.(I doubt that very much, when kids are involved)

Nail head.....

As I have said before I can be a handfull.....

Anyway.....

Well goodbye all.....

Will be able to watch the first game and I have changed the flight home from 7.45pm to the later 10.05 flight out.....

So I should at least get see most of it in the sports bar at the airport, That could be a a horrible trip not knowing if its that close the rest of the way home !! (Work next day so cant take more time off)

Come on Albion.....

Goodluck everyone.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Oh my giddy aunt.... :(

The wife was given some money by her mother this week to help celebrate her birthday this Friday.... :angel:

We had this Friday through to Tuesday both booked off to celebrate her birthday and spend the long weekend tottering around the south coast, which was no threat to the up coming games...... :)

I do not have a ticket for the Friday game and it is her actual birthday so had resigned it in my head to nip out and watch the game in the pub.... :drink:

I have been offered a ticket for free for the Monday return fixture at the Amex..... :bounce:

All good one would think.... :rave:

However the weather is bloody awful.... :nono:

Got an email at work she has only booked a short break in feckin Albufiera :sick:

Flying out Friday midday and returning on Monday at 10 yes 10pm..... punish:

Why oh feckin why :wozza:

Anyone else had a poop day, or has a poop wife :tantrum:

My wife and I discuss everything together that includes breaks, holidays etc etc, I also make her aware of any important football games that I / we will watch on TV or attend.

It would appear the two of you do not converse enough maybe?

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
My wife and I discuss everything together that includes breaks, holidays etc etc, I also make her aware of any important football games that I / we will watch on TV or attend.

It would appear the two of you do not converse enough maybe?

My thoughts entirely. If wives/girlfriends are playing mind games to try to get the upper hand in the relationship, that can't be healthy

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If she's that inconsiderate and that insensitive, then divorce is the only option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here