Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My Failing Memory

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Peter Smith.

Was there a condition that he had to take the ball with him? If so, strike that from the records.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Keiran O'regan... I think, plus, Harry Wilson used to get down the wing quite a bit!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Agree the nominations of Dennis (Flash) Gordon and Frankie Howard.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
'Flash' Walker.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
David Armstrong (we got him from Arsenal) he was very quick, so quick he couldn’t stop and do what he was supposed to do - cross the ball. A bit of an exaggeration I know but you get the drift. He didn’t last long. :shrug:

It was great fun for a few games though !!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My school team played against Stanmer school [hope I've remembered correctly] many times back in the late sixties, and I had to mark Tony Towner....for some reason I was pretty tired at the end of each game.
Have any other NSCs played against someone who became a pro later?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My school team played against Stanmer school [hope I've remembered correctly] many times back in the late sixties, and I had to mark Tony Towner....for some reason I was pretty tired at the end of each game.
Have any other NSCs played against someone who became a pro later?

No, but I came 3rd in a Varndean cross country won by Steve Ovett. Nearly threw up afterwards in the changing room from the effort while he sauntered around like some future Olympian - oh, wait a minute.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
David Armstrong (we got him from Arsenal) he was very quick, so quick he couldn’t stop and do what he was supposed to do - cross the ball. A bit of an exaggeration I know but you get the drift. He didn’t last long. :shrug:

Is that the famous Millwall Arsenal, later shortened to Millwall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here