My Crack at a team without JFC! !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Jfc has been crao because he's expected to be defensive despite being an attacking mid. Watch him for England U21 then for Brighton. Hyypia is ruining that talent.
If I was being paid 8 grand a week I would learn how to play defensively quick! He's a professional. If you can't defend as well as attack. Your not as good as you need to be.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Sound logic, if you study engineering all your life but need to quickly learn medicine, but can't you're not a professional.

:ffsparr:

So you're telling me if he has to defend it's the same as an engineer learning medicine. Sound example. Unbelievable!
I'm not asking him to play IN defensive if he can't play as an attacking or defensive player in the same position he is fundamentally not a great player.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Sound logic, if you study engineering all your life but need to quickly learn medicine, but can't you're not a professional.

:ffsparr:

Hmm because two disciplines in the same field (defence v attack) are the same as changing profession aren't they.

JFC is weak in a tackle - pushed off the ball four times on Friday, similar number at Derby, and plays too much to instruction - backwards, sideways - rather than do what he's been good at in the past - driving forward (he did it once to good effect on Frdiay, dropped the shoulder and had a shot on target (Gardner take note here) from distance.

He has promise but has been poor more often than not and any manager worth his salt would drop him. My fear is that it's actually a combination of Sami not knowing his best XI and Jones constantly telling him what to do.

How the hell Ince didn't start after his MOTM display v Derby I'll never know. I sat in the Derby equivalent of 1901 up there and a large number around me thought he was exactly the type of player they need.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Excluding all loans...

Walton

New Signing
New Signing
Dunk
New Signing

New Signing
Ince
New Signing

New Signing
LuaLua

New Signing

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I would like to see a vasic 4-4-2 but not featuring MCCourt

Stockdale

Bruno .....Greer.......Dunk ........J Bennett

E Bennett.......Stephens.......Holla...... Lua Lua

Baldock......Bent/CMS

Getting closer, but I wouldn't have E. bennet in the team and would probably swap Chicksen for Bennet as we have lost as many with Joe, Chicksen can do the job. That's the best we can muster. Mc Court doesn't have 90 minutes in him and apart from the odd maisey run has not contributed to our goal tally.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
f69921d929a868a57a670cabbb7b6e4a_zpse450556e.jpg

I'd go for something like this, 2 defensive midfielders, it might sound boring but we need to be hard to beat again. The moment Millwall scored they sat in with 2 banks of defence, they knew we'd never break them down. If we can be resilient maybe we can draw the opposition out and create chances of our own. In Bent, March, KLL, Colunga we have enough mobility to cause problems on the break. Last night their linchpin , an enormous overweight defender was on a yellow from the 20th(ish) minute, we failed to isolate him once. That is disappointing, we have a genuine striker with pace yet we never gave him an opportunity to put Shittu in trouble, we're not even close to threatening an opponent, if the management team can't spot opportunities like that we have fundamental problems. It's rudimentary football.

Totally agree, and also with two defensive midfielder - keep a solid unit. Ince and holla sitting, with Ince probing forward on occassion like he has proved he can.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
So you're telling me if he has to defend it's the same as an engineer learning medicine. Sound example. Unbelievable!
I'm not asking him to play IN defensive if he can't play as an attacking or defensive player in the same position he is fundamentally not a great player.

Hmm because two disciplines in the same field (defence v attack) are the same as changing profession aren't they.

JFC is weak in a tackle - pushed off the ball four times on Friday, similar number at Derby, and plays too much to instruction - backwards, sideways - rather than do what he's been good at in the past - driving forward (he did it once to good effect on Frdiay, dropped the shoulder and had a shot on target (Gardner take note here) from distance.

He has promise but has been poor more often than not and any manager worth his salt would drop him. My fear is that it's actually a combination of Sami not knowing his best XI and Jones constantly telling him what to do.

How the hell Ince didn't start after his MOTM display v Derby I'll never know. I sat in the Derby equivalent of 1901 up there and a large number around me thought he was exactly the type of player they need.

So you're telling me that it's that simple to turn an attacking minded player into a defensive one?

You train for a particular position your whole career then suddenly expected to change. I thought that point was obvious but according to you two, not...

According to this Tommy fella. If you can't do both, you're not a great player. I'm sure Bale, Ronaldo and Messi are immense in defence.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So you're telling me that it's that simple to turn an attacking minded player into a defensive one?

You train for a particular position your whole career then suddenly expected to change. I thought that point was obvious but according to you two, not...

According to this Tommy fella. If you can't do both, you're not a great player. I'm sure Bale, Ronaldo and Messi are immense in defence.

I think what we're all saying is that he's played like shit these last few weeks but as to the reasons why let's agree to disagree. I wouldn't have him near my first XI atm.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013

Am I missing something isn't he a midfielder, anyway,
They still track back to defend and because they're so good at attacking it is here nor there. He does neither very well! your examples are at best shocking! HOW ABOUT LAMPARD. GERRARD. SCHOLES. SHELL I CONTINUE? We are not saying play in defence.
We are saying he should be able to defend. Ie. tackle ein the ball. Simple football. He can still attack in the position he is in.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Getting closer, but I wouldn't have E. bennet in the team and would probably swap Chicksen for Bennet as we have lost as many with Joe, Chicksen can do the job. That's the best we can muster. Mc Court doesn't have 90 minutes in him and apart from the odd maisey run has not contributed to our goal tally.

Gotta disagree Joe Bennett is a better defender, the prime object of a full back in a 4-4-2 formation and Elliott Bennett as an orthodox wide midfield man as per his first time here would produce the balls for the front two.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Super another anti JFC thread. The fact he is being asked to play as a defensive midfielder seems lost on some, wonder if the people constantly having a go are the same as the ones who disliked Barnes (for whatever reason) and Murray (for not trying enough or being Northern)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Gotta disagree Joe Bennett is a better defender, the prime object of a full back in a 4-4-2 formation and Elliott Bennett as an orthodox wide midfield man as per his first time here would produce the balls for the front two.

The front two? who are they. Elliot Bennett couldn't get into the Norwich team, in our division, and has been poor since he arrived, not the man of yesteryear. Joe has played well, but has been caught out of position on a number of occasions, however on Fridays selection I can't see what difference he would have made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports