Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My concern

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Look, our squad was only really assembled in the summer and then tweaked in January. Hughton got the basics right and we went unbeaten half the season, even with some big injuries. Then when those injuries got too much, we lost 2 or 3. But now Hughton has his side drilled in the basics and also has allowed them to develop into an slick, fast, attacking force. I don't believe we will concede another goal in the last 3 matches. I think we will get a minimum of 7 but I believe 9 points if we continue the belief and the players keep doing what they are doing and improving. That's what they have done all year, improve.. We are getting better and the other 2 are stumbling towards the finish line. We will do this!

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My concern is that if they kick off 5 or 10 mins late Burnley will have 5 or 10 mins to adjust their game if needed and score a goal or just shut up shop whichever is needed..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My major concern is that on 7th May a fans protest at The Valley could mean that match kick off being delayed as Southampton v Spurs in the stich up. What can the FL do to avoid this I can only think of extending half time for all games if needed so the 2nd half all kick off together. Any other ideas?

Fans have every right to protest. Kick off can be delayed for as long as it takes.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Refs should have a Skype 'conference call' arrangement going on, holding up things where necessary.

Wing mirrors too, for any off the ball incidents.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well at least the concern was not another IT issue

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question? :shrug:

That was in answer to your point that fans have a right to protest and if it is for an hour then delay kick off at all games for a hour. With modern technology and conference calls it is easy for the FL to be in contact with all games and when all are ready to proceed give the ok to kick off. Thereby giving no team an advantage.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not workable if the delay/delays aren't as simple as that to deal with. I can't imagine every game stopping and starting with every pitch invasion at Charlton, though sky would enjoy the enforced breaks and additional advertising revenue. Who knows BG, maybe your concern is actually a marketing masterstroke

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That was in answer to your point that fans have a right to protest and if it is for an hour then delay kick off at all games for a hour. With modern technology and conference calls it is easy for the FL to be in contact with all games and when all are ready to proceed give the ok to kick off. Thereby giving no team an advantage.

Do you seriously think that would happen? Let a Charlton protest disrupt the whole championship?

No chance. Burnley will win anyway so it doesn't really matter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody understands my concern that if we draw and Burnley know this with 5 or 10 mins to go in their game it gives them the advantage of knowing a draw for them would possibly be ok. Is this fair, I dont think so and as such the FL should ensure that all games start at the same time. If not why do they stipulate a 12.30 kick off for all games irrespective of TV.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nobody understands my concern that if we draw and Burnley know this with 5 or 10 mins to go in their game it gives them the advantage of knowing a draw for them would possibly be ok. Is this fair, I dont think so and as such the FL should ensure that all games start at the same time.

How do you allow for any injuries or other stoppages eg. crossbar warping or corner flag being stolen?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we lose at Charlton then the Middlesbrough game could be pretty much meaningless for us.

This is too much froth to worry about. Win at Charlton first.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do you allow for any injuries or other stoppages eg. crossbar warping or corner flag being stolen?

That is minimal and unexpected as in the Southampton v Spurs game in 70 due to crowd trouble they kicked off 5 mins after us so finished 5mins after us knowing we had won so a draw sent them both up. As a result they played the game out in the centre circle for 5 mins. Is that right and what we want again?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You are either the most boring bloke in the world or have drunk a little too much:moo:

And that is coming from me :drink:
I dunno, I used to think the above but it seems to me that BG is trying a little hard to troll recently so I am now convinced he is someone's alt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You are either completely off your tits right now, or absolutely nuts, or on a wind-up. Maybe all 3.

Do you HONESTLY think the entire Championship programme on the final day, all 12 games up and down the country, are all going to be kept hanging around in limbo waiting on how long the Charlton fans decide to protest ?

How exactly do you think that would play out. About 200,000 fans sitting around in the grounds, twiddling their thumbs. Players stuck in dressing rooms.

"Hang on...news coming in from The Valley...after a two and a half hour delay, the Charlton fans have finally picked up their stress balls from the pitch and returned to their seats. OK everybody, light the beacons, its GAME ON again for the Championship...."

"....oh...hang on. HOLD IT...HOLD IT....we've got a streaker. Send all the teams in again while we sort this out".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here