Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Biggest Worry

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am quite concerned now that out of the money we are getting for zamora exectly how much will go back to SC for players and how much will disappear into "Club running costs". If that happens, I doubt SC will be around for long and the fans will be less than happy, I know I will.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dick Knights Mum said:
I am sure some money will go to SC, but look at the money being sucked up by our stay at Withdean and the Falmer application. DK knows what he is doing.

Shouldn't the Falmer/Withdean money have been accounted for before the sale of BZ?

If not then was it a case of sell him cheap or go bust?

???

Worrying times if there isn't a reasonable budget given to SC.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
DK knows what he is doing. [/B][/QUOTE]

Can I interest you in a car sir?? Don't worry about the engine needing some attention it's the road you drive on that counts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:

Worrying times if there isn't a reasonable budget given to SC.

Bloody question and answer time and time for DK to be totally open with the fans, which seems to be his biggest weakness:mad:

But, for the moment I'm staying optimistic that SC has agreed and been given a budget, albeit probably based on Zamora being sold.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Bloody question and answer time and time for DK to be totally open with the fans, which seems to be his biggest weakness:mad:

I have never understood all this 'he's one of us' talk.

I have seen Dick Knight in hospitality and on Tv with the fans and he never looks comfortable. He has never thanked the sponsors on match day when I have been there and hardly even passes the time of day with them.

He is not one of us and I don't trust him as much as some of the blind faithers on here.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
munster monch said:
Icy Gull said:

I have never understood all this 'he's one of us' talk.

I have seen Dick Knight in hospitality and on Tv with the fans and he never looks comfortable. He has never thanked the sponsors on match day when I have been there and hardly even passes the time of day with them.

He is not one of us and I don't trust him as much as some of the blind faithers on here.

Don't bother, they just have their head up their (or Dick Tight's) arse! They will never accept the guy is a :tosser:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
munster monch said:
Icy Gull said:

Life is relative and it is a helluva long time since the club was run by someone who cared more for the Albion than Dick Knight does. Who since Mike Bamber has really given a toss. We know all about Archer and Belloti, but no-one else really did much for us, and ultimately sold out to Archer.

There was no reason for Dick to fight for control of this club, other than to save us. Of course he is one of us. I've spoken to him personally and he cares PASSIONATELY about the Albion, and the same goes for Martin Perry. How many others on the Board in the past have ever given any of us the time of day.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
It'll only be anti DK stuff if SC doesn't get the cash from the sale to buy players with then it will be open seaosn on Mr Knght as far as I am concerned.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gritt23 said:
Life is relative and it is a helluva long time since the club was run by someone who cared more for the Albion than Dick Knight does. Who since Mike Bamber has really given a toss. We know all about Archer and Belloti, but no-one else really did much for us, and ultimately sold out to Archer.

There was no reason for Dick to fight for control of this club, other than to save us. Of course he is one of us. I've spoken to him personally and he cares PASSIONATELY about the Albion, and the same goes for Martin Perry. How many others on the Board in the past have ever given any of us the time of day.

Totally agree Gritt23 - I had the good fortune to get invited to a meal once (for working on the Bring home the Albion Campaign), and I got the chance to have a (booze fuelled) chat with Dick, and he is the most ardent Albion fan you could ever meet. He truly loves the club, and when you get to talk to him you can't help but feel that (like us) he would do just about anything for The Albion. I think the people who doubt his commitment, or his passion for the club or even whether he's 'one of us' are being terribly unfair. I regularly wonder what it would be like to be the Chairman of the Albion (usually just before 8pm on a Saturday evening with lottery ticket in hand). I usually come to the conclusion that even if I had £10M to invest I certainly wouldn't want to be the chairman, because you get so much (mainly un-warranted) stick from all and sundry proles who know nothing about running a football club. Whatever Dick does there's someone on here who sees a downside to it, finds an angle to slate him. It sadly seems to go with the territory. Now, to provide some balance, criticism is part and parcel of life, and I am certainly not suggesting that Dick hasn't made some mistakes that warrant criticism (Hinshelwood, Kits etc), but when it comes to the financial viability of BHAFC as a business you really have to try an separate the sentiment from the stark reality. The club are currently in a situation where the entire football heirarchy are in a financial mess, we have no revenue stream from a stadium, we are paying a lot to attempt to remedy that situation with Falmer. Dick is running the club sensibly, not splashing the cash to placate a few irate keyboard warriors, but making sure that in 5 years when many clubs may well have gone to the wall we will still be here, and hopefully ready to return to our rightful place, in a new stadium, without debt and with a loyal and commited squad. Perhaps then Dick may step aside his legacy in place.

Papa

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As ive stated in another thread, SC will have no money for buying players.
All he need is money for wages, the days of paying for players in the lower leagues have gone.
We might now be able to offer decent players a decent wage though.

Keep the faith, SC will not let us down.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Papa Lazarou said:
Totally agree Gritt23 - I had the good fortune to get invited to a meal once (for working on the Bring home the Albion Campaign), and I got the chance to have a (booze fuelled) chat with Dick, and he is the most ardent Albion fan you could ever meet. He truly loves the club, and when you get to talk to him you can't help but feel that (like us) he would do just about anything for The Albion. I think the people who doubt his commitment, or his passion for the club or even whether he's 'one of us' are being terribly unfair. I regularly wonder what it would be like to be the Chairman of the Albion (usually just before 8pm on a Saturday evening with lottery ticket in hand). I usually come to the conclusion that even if I had £10M to invest I certainly wouldn't want to be the chairman, because you get so much (mainly un-warranted) stick from all and sundry proles who know nothing about running a football club. Whatever Dick does there's someone on here who sees a downside to it, finds an angle to slate him. It sadly seems to go with the territory. Now, to provide some balance, criticism is part and parcel of life, and I am certainly not suggesting that Dick hasn't made some mistakes that warrant criticism (Hinshelwood, Kits etc), but when it comes to the financial viability of BHAFC as a business you really have to try an separate the sentiment from the stark reality. The club are currently in a situation where the entire football heirarchy are in a financial mess, we have no revenue stream from a stadium, we are paying a lot to attempt to remedy that situation with Falmer. Dick is running the club sensibly, not splashing the cash to placate a few irate keyboard warriors, but making sure that in 5 years when many clubs may well have gone to the wall we will still be here, and hopefully ready to return to our rightful place, in a new stadium, without debt and with a loyal and commited squad. Perhaps then Dick may step aside his legacy in place.

Papa

:clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Papa Lazarou said:

Papa

Very well said sir :clap:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
As posted days ago by Don T:

Heard second hand from another strong source, who has ties with a director who would know his onions when it comes to finances that spurs are"running rings"round the club with regards to the sale of BZ, the source wouldn't elaborate on what they meant exactly but when i asked if he (BZ) would go, their reply was "he's got to,they're(the club) in stoock"
This would explain why there's been no new players this summer.
Heard from another strong source during the week that DK was in talks with Bristol Rovers about "sorting out" the sell on clause for BZ.
Believe it or not,there is something in this and it is worrying.
I for one think that if the board were more open with the fans with regard to the financial state of the club, we would be more sympathetic to them.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
My biggest worry is that there ain't any decent strikers out there that
1 We can afford
2 Are any good
3 Can score as many goals for us as BZ

The fact is that bobbys Z's do not grow on trees or do they come along every 5 mins:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here