Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My best friend's wedding

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
This afternoon my best friend is getting married - I'm stressing out big time - hair wouldn't go right! Fascinator wouldn't go on right, kids asking questions about random things, torrential rain and I need to find out the Brighton score - so please keep the official thread updated with the score as the wedding is at 4 right in the middle of the game!!!!

Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
If she was really your best friend wouldn't you be 'maid of honour' or even there helping her prepare?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good luck and best wishes to all concerned.

it could be worse. My wife's best friend got married on Cup Final day, but at least it wasn't in 1983.

And in my experience a decent best man will keep tabs on such things, particularly if it is the local team you are talking about and the wedding is in Brighton or nearby.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
She stayed here last night - we are getting ready together - we are nearly finished - hair and make up done - just sitting around now waiting a then we can get dressed properly!

Then off to Shoreham airport for the ceremony! At least the sun in coming out!

Then it's back to Sussex yacht club for the reception and disco.

Will open a bottle of champers in a bit - her dad is on his way.

No maid of honor - but their little girl is a flower girl!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
She hasn't got a garter though - cos we wanted to get one with a target on as groom is a mod but we couldn't find one anywhere!!!!!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If your Facinator is the only thing in place, are we ready for a chorus of "You Can Leave Your Hat On"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here