Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] My apologies to Harveys brewery

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I, for one, just like the stuff :shrug:

I'm not such an antediluvian twatblast that I can't cope with trying other beers or new things. What beers do you like/recommend?

There's almost too many to mention. Bitter, like Harveys is disappearing due to the rise of IPA's and APA's and the unfiltered Dry Hopped New England Pale Ales and New England Indian Pale Ales. There is a whole new world of vibrant, fruity and dry beers out there nationally and locally.. just Google "Craft Breweries" or " Micro Breweries " and a world of pleasure opens for you.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
There's almost too many to mention. Bitter, like Harveys is disappearing due to the rise of IPA's and APA's and the unfiltered Dry Hopped New England Pale Ales and New England Indian Pale Ales. There is a whole new world of vibrant, fruity and dry beers out there nationally and locally.. just Google "Craft Breweries" or " Micro Breweries " and a world of pleasure opens for you.

OK, assuming for the sake of conversation that I'm not 90 years old :lolol:,

I'm interested in your opinion, I'm not peeking through the back of the cupboard at a brand new world.

What are your favourite beers, that you want to see somebody try and their eyes light up with the hitherto unknown flavours dancing across their mouths?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

so alternative to the traditional bitters is a different style(s) with their own similar taste, down to use same half dozen hops. the IPA/APA thing is nice except many taste like a fruit squash. some taste like dishwater. some taste interesting, usually the IPAs from traditional English brewers. there's space for them all. it funny though when people say Harveys is dull when it clearly isnt.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
OK, assuming for the sake of conversation that I'm not 90 years old :lolol:,

I'm interested in your opinion, I'm not peeking through the back of the cupboard at a brand new world.

What are your favourite beers, that you want to see somebody try and their eyes light up with the hitherto unknown flavours dancing across their mouths?

St Austell Proper Job, Dark Star APA, Hophead, Revelation, and Trail Ridge IPA ,Goldmark APA and Saving Grace Simcoe DDH IPA and Thornbridge Jaipur.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
St Austell Proper Job, Dark Star APA, Hophead, Revelation, and Trail Ridge IPA ,Goldmark APA and Saving Grace Simcoe DDH IPA and Thornbridge Jaipur.

Sound :thumbsup:

St Austell Proper Job: Pretty sure I've tried it before, literally can't remember anything about it. Made a point of diverting via a big Tesco to pick some up since I knew they had some, will report back :thumbsup:

Dark Star APA, Hophead, Revelation: have tried all of these at one point or another, I dig the Hophead in particular. They used to have Dark Star on tap quite frequently at the 'Spoons in central Croydon when I lived there a few years ago, it was the saviour/lubricant of many an evening spent trying to avoid thinking about the fact that I was living in Croydon.

Saving Grace Simcoe DDH IPA: Not tried, will keep an eye out.

Thornbridge Jaipur: Like a bad lover, great while it goes down but I know I'll regret it later. As somebody with compulsive tendencies who drinks by the pints it's just a bad idea, no matter how much I agree it tastes good.

Since I put you on the spot; I won't bother suggesting any Sussex beers but I'll recommend trying Abbeydale's Deception if you're ever up this way. Try and make the effort to call in at one of Thornbridge's pubs as well while you're at it. They've whole bars full of stuff I generally deem "too much" for you to enjoy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sound :thumbsup:

St Austell Proper Job: Pretty sure I've tried it before, literally can't remember anything about it. Made a point of diverting via a big Tesco to pick some up since I knew they had some, will report back :thumbsup:

Dark Star APA, Hophead, Revelation: have tried all of these at one point or another, I dig the Hophead in particular. They used to have Dark Star on tap quite frequently at the 'Spoons in central Croydon when I lived there a few years ago, it was the saviour/lubricant of many an evening spent trying to avoid thinking about the fact that I was living in Croydon.

Saving Grace Simcoe DDH IPA: Not tried, will keep an eye out.

Thornbridge Jaipur: Like a bad lover, great while it goes down but I know I'll regret it later. As somebody with compulsive tendencies who drinks by the pints it's just a bad idea, no matter how much I agree it tastes good.

Since I put you on the spot; I won't bother suggesting any Sussex beers but I'll recommend trying Abbeydale's Deception if you're ever up this way. Try and make the effort to call in at one of Thornbridge's pubs as well while you're at it. They've whole bars full of stuff I generally deem "too much" for you to enjoy.
Thanks, I will look out for that but sadly I don't travel much !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Interesting use of the word "controversial" to describe the sign in that article.

A3BB345A-F3F9-413F-97D5-5CD017972269.jpeg

:facepalm:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
St Austell Proper Job: Pretty sure I've tried it before, literally can't remember anything about it. Made a point of diverting via a big Tesco to pick some up since I knew they had some, will report back.

While I'm here, I drank those two bottles during the England game on Sunday, and would describe them as... fine. Perfectly drinkable, even if their Tribute is more my kind of vibe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here