Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My 2 cents on our team next year

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IN

Left back
Right sided central defender
2 Central midfielders ( 3 if we sell Ince and JFC )
2 Strikers

OUT

O'Grady
Elvis
Holla
JFC ?
Ince ?

I agree with your outs but not your ins.

I think Dunk could play equally well at rjght CB so we may bring jn somebody like Liam Ridgewell cover left CB and left back , a tough tackling midfielder like Sidwell a replacement for both BZ and Wilson, job done.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I agree with your outs but not your ins.

I think Dunk could play equally well at rjght CB so we may bring jn somebody like Liam Ridgewell cover left CB and left back , a tough tackling midfielder like Sidwell a replacement for both BZ and Wilson, job done.

Not really, we won't be able to loan players in the same way anymore, so we will need a bigger squad of players all capable of stepping into the team. I think Dallison might be back up at CB, but we need considerable strengthening in midfield in the back up department.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We only need a ball winning midfielder as we have sufficient players to supply the balls to ghe front men. We also need 1 CB and possibly a versatile defender in the Rosenior mould and we will be well covered. In an ideal world we will sign a replacement for Chicksen to free up LR. With those we will be well covered and no loans wont affect us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Open question: how many players do we need?

Last season we used 31.

Premier League squads are only 25 + under 21s (e.g. Rea)

Championship has 8 extra matches plus play-offs,. It was by the play-offs the squad was getting short.

We've got 23 so I expect two signings whatever.

Others will be replacements.

I think we will hold on to Ince and Forster-Caskey until replacements can be obtained.

O'Grady, Holla and Manu will depend on whether anybody actually wants to sign them?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Open question: how many players do we need?

Last season we used 31.

Premier League squads are only 25 + under 21s (e.g. Rea)

Championship has 8 extra matches plus play-offs,. It was by the play-offs the squad was getting short.

We've got 23 so I expect two signings whatever.

Others will be replacements.

I think we will hold on to Ince and Forster-Caskey until replacements can be obtained.

O'Grady, Holla and Manu will depend on whether anybody actually wants to sign them?

We've got 25 players currently not 23.

Stockdale
Maenpaa
Walton
Ankergren

Bong
Bruno
Rosenior

Dunk
Goldson
Hunemeier

Kayal
Stephens
Towell
JFC
Ince
Holla

Knockaert
Skalak
Murphy
March
LuaLua
Elvis

Hemed
Baldock
O'Grady

= 25

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've got 25 players currently not 23.

Stockdale
Maenpaa
Walton
Ankergren

Bong
Bruno
Rosenior

Dunk
Goldson
Hunemeier

Kayal
Stephens
Towell
JFC
Ince
Holla

Knockaert
Skalak
Murphy
March
LuaLua
Elvis

Hemed
Baldock
O'Grady

= 25

Includes Walton (under 21) but excludes Rea (over 21)

Ankergen is in the over 36 coaching staff. So I make in 24 (revised). Ankergen might not be considered for the squad if we reach the Premier League (where teams allocate three keepers).

So that it means one new signing and any other are replacements if Rea most likely to go out on loan?

Not sure 25 players is enough?

Just getting a guess of what will happen.
CH said squad would just be tweaked so if we make two signings only I would not be disappointed, although I expect Holla, O'Grady, Rea and Forster-Caskey (or Ince) are likely to leave so that might mean five or six new players? And Mäenpää might leave?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Includes Walton (under 21) but excludes Rea (over 21)

Ankergen is in the over 36 coaching staff. So I make in 24 (revised). Ankergen might not be considered for the squad if we reach the Premier League (where teams allocate three keepers).

So that it means one new signing and any other are replacements if Rea most likely to go out on loan?

Not sure 25 players is enough?

Just getting a guess of what will happen.
CH said squad would just be tweaked so if we make two signings only I would not be disappointed, although I expect Holla, O'Grady, Rea and Forster-Caskey (or Ince) are likely to leave so that might mean five or six new players? And Mäenpää might leave?
Rea is in the last month of his contract and talking to other teams, which is why he is not included.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has Rea been offered a contract extension and just keeping his options open or is he definitely going to be released.
The club have made no comment. The Sun said he'd been released and was talking to Southend. So it's unclear.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone else concerned by the article about pushing youngsters in the cup games? I know the instinctive response is probably 'no, it's great to see the youngsters given a chance', but what does it mean for the larger picture of our playing squad? This season we used cup games to give playing time to the lesser used members of the squad. Are we not going to have those back up first teamers? Are our back up first teamers not going to get much game time and come in cold when needed? Are we going to gamble on the youngsters to fill that back up role? When you consider all the injuries and suspensions we had this year, isn't that a little too risky?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone else concerned by the article about pushing youngsters in the cup games? I know the instinctive response is probably 'no, it's great to see the youngsters given a chance', but what does it mean for the larger picture of our playing squad? This season we used cup games to give playing time to the lesser used members of the squad. Are we not going to have those back up first teamers? Are our back up first teamers not going to get much game time and come in cold when needed? Are we going to gamble on the youngsters to fill that back up role? When you consider all the injuries and suspensions we had this year, isn't that a little too risky?
Assuming a fit squad of 26 ( 3 keepers ), then for the COCup game between the first 2 league games I expect something like the 8 who arn't in the 18 selected for the first game + the first game bench + 3 dev squad to make up the COCup 18. Roughly.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
like the look of that team. should do well and wouldn't really matter who MF is as 13 players should do well. lets hope they all keep fit for every game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who is this Lau Lau you speak of?[/QUOTE

This really annoys me about NSC why people have to try to prove how clever they are when it is most obvious that the person who posted it made a typo error, which can happen to anybody. It was obvious who he was talking about.

I think it was just another comment continuing the theme of the original post being so piss-poor as to be comedic..............half the names wrong, starting 13, 2 keepers on the bench, Murphy missing.....apart from that it was a good effort though. Half term finishes today thankfully.

It's not Ben is it ????? :D:D:D:D:D:D

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Who is this Lau Lau you speak of?

A tasty prospect, when brought on fresh from the bench:

007.JPG

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who is this Lau Lau you speak of?[/QUOTE

This really annoys me about NSC why people have to try to prove how clever they are when it is most obvious that the person who posted it made a typo error, which can happen to anybody. It was obvious who he was talking about.

It wasn't a typo though. Five (5) players' names spelled incorrectly is a sure sign of pig ignorance. Hopefully when the OP is back at school next week he'll work harder at spelling and composition.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

It really annoys me when people mess the quotes up.
(Not a fan of the spelling/grammar police either)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here