Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So in the space of two pages, Murray is now NOT coming back and it's all onto someone else. Told you all 24 hours ago there was zero chance of Poyet signing Murray and just as well. Yet most of you and indeed one of you, (yes you Ninja) thought all your Christmases had come at once. Don't worry about Murray, he will bag 25 goals next season when he is back at his natural level(league 1) with Palace and I think it will be the last year of his contract at Smellhurst as well. See Palace fans, there is something to look forward too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Beckford, Barnes, Braddock, Buckley, Bullard, Bellamy and Bichael Bowen in a swap deal for CMS, M&S, BHS, ARS and VHS is surely the most sensible option for both us, Leeds United, Tranmere Rovers, Accrington Stanley and West Highland Ladies second XI twice removed I would have thought at this stage with the season only a week or so away.

Kuszczak would have to get comfy on the bench as Brezovan would have to start with that line up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is there any way that it isn't Beckford?

Becchio ??? If Warnock wants CMS that badly I wouldn't say no to McCormack & Becchio in a swap deal with no transfer money changing hands. Murray is a red herring to take us off the scent.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No - if Gus thought he was a gem of a player his offer 12 months ago would have reflected that. Poyet clearly thought of him as a squad player.

I completely disagree with that logic. In every way, shape AND form. It isn't as simple as that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So in the space of two pages, Murray is now NOT coming back and it's all onto someone else. Told you all 24 hours ago there was zero chance of Poyet signing Murray and just as well. Yet most of you and indeed one of you, (yes you Ninja) thought all your Christmases had come at once. Don't worry about Murray, he will bag 25 goals next season when he is back at his natural level(league 1) with Palace and I think it will be the last year of his contract at Smellhurst as well. See Palace fans, there is something to look forward too.

We were only talking about ifs buts and maybes the whole time anyway. Nobody knows who we're trying to sign. Nobody. The Murray link came up, it's been discussed. Out of proportion with how likely it was, or wasn't. It was fun for a while, we'll pick this up again in future I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Until then mate, see you around.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We were only talking about ifs buts and maybes the whole time anyway. Nobody knows who we're trying to sign. Nobody. The Murray link came up, it's been discussed. Out of proportion with how likely it was, or wasn't. It was fun for a while, we'll pick this up again in future I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Until then mate, see you around.

Your wrong, very wrong. Some people know, it's just you are not one of them and neither am I, although I do hear the odd snippet and the last three have been right, long before they got lots of air time on here. Look back,,,if you look hard enough you will see I said Crofts over a month ago and Bridge and Kusazak....To be fair no one saw Bruno coming....But your wrong, some people do know things.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Your wrong, very wrong. Some people know, it's just you are not one of them and neither am I, although I do hear the odd snippet and the last three have been right, long before they got lots of air time on here. Look back,,,if you look hard enough you will see I said Crofts over a month ago and Bridge and Kusazak....To be fair no one saw Bruno coming....But your wrong, some people do know things.

Nobody knows who the striker is, do they?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm gonna put this here:

I'm predicting, without even looking at it, the "****beckford signs****" thread is pictures of signs that say beckford. Hovering the mouse shows no text, so it's a picture.

I also predict there are people who have fallen for it in the thread complaining. And not because it's a tired over done joke.

EDIT: All ready moved, so I'm assuming was right.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Nobody knows who the striker is, do they?

Yes, of course they do. What do you think the Amex and training ground is Area 51???...I'm the first to admit I haven't got a scooby, iv'e heard a few whispers and they might yet be right, but nothing I want to stick my neck out about. I think Cms is on his way, but only if someone comes in the door as he walks out of it. Otherwise he won't go anywhere....I do know one thing for sure though, you don't know anything you don't hear on here.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Is today the day the mistery striker is revealed?

Personally I hope so but not sure. will it make any difference that Gus is away with the team in Swindown?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I see bennettsfield bunny is backtracking on twitter a little. Knew I shouldn't have got carried away. Will resign myself to wait a little longer.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Don't people know this is Murrays injured period in a years time when his contracts almost up he'll play well and be top score for Palace in League 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here