Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Mutual consent"

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Does anyone actually know the significance of this phrase?

I have always assumed it was a way for both parties (club and manager) to walk away from the contract without financial penalty but could anyone confirm it from ACTUAL knowledge?

In other words, if the manager is sacked he will receive some compensation, if the manager resigns (e.g. to go and manage another club) then the club is due some compensation. So the "Mutual consent" is a way of saying "no compensation due either way"

Anyone know?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Mutual consent means that the manager has a percentage of his contract paid off but not usually the full amount.

If the manager is sacked by the club, the club has to pay of the remaining time of his contract.

If he resigns, that is HIS action, not the club's and they do not.

mutual consent is just another way of agreeing the terms to pay a manager off

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Does anyone actually know the significance of this phrase?

I have always assumed it was a way for both parties (club and manager) to walk away from the contract without financial penalty but could anyone confirm it from ACTUAL knowledge?

In other words, if the manager is sacked he will receive some compensation, if the manager resigns (e.g. to go and manage another club) then the club is due some compensation. So the "Mutual consent" is a way of saying "no compensation due either way"

Anyone know?

BTW, love your avatar! Same engines as mine. Hope she stays in the air!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
One assumes that Wilkins was told to keep his trap shut too, otherwise risking his payoff

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It's not looling very likely. Glad I went to Waddington last year.

That's a real shame. I always dreamed of seeing a Vulcan and a Concorde flying in formation.

Someone is trying to get a Concorde in the air again, just for display flying, but I fear that cost and objection from BA would rule that out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here