Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Mustard.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
English mustard, an absolute must with sausages and cold meat of any variety. The powdered stuff is hotter and slightly more flavoursome than the stuff in the jars, if you can be bothered to mix it. French mustard though - yeugh!

If by French Mustard people mean the dark yellow vinegary muck you would have got in a steakhouse in the 1970s, it bears no resemblance to anything French people would actually use in my experience.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
We had a foreign student once called Tomas (can't remember his nationality possibly French) who put a whole tablespoon of English mustard in his mush
Not sure what he thought it was but was a bit worrying as he was having a semi-fit and thought he was going to pass out

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If by French Mustard people mean the dark yellow vinegary muck you would have got in a steakhouse in the 1970s, it bears no resemblance to anything French people would actually use in my experience.
Yes I do. Still readily available in all supermarkets and 21st. century steak houses (aka pubs doing grub), and at many burger vans. And it ain;'t dark yellow - it's pretty much brown. Yeugh.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Always English Mustard for me.

Put it on any cooked meat. Also corned beef and mustard sandwiches.

Also add a bit to the potato that goes on top of shepherds/cottage pie just before I mash it up.

And a bit of mustard powder sprinkled over your par boiled spuds just before they go in the oven to roast is good.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
From France "Savora" made by Amora. Amber in colour, it's a blend of 11 ingredients including Dijon Mustard (40%), Cayenne pepper, celery and onion.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I quite partial to a bit of Grey Poupon with my roast chicken dinner.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Personally, I like it with ham in a white bread sandwich, but Roy Wood? He made a whole album called Mustard, one of my favourite quirky English musicians and singers:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
English mustard on Sausages Ham/Gammon Roast beef.
If you can't feel it in your nose, with each bite, you haven't used enough.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
English mustard on ham, gammon, sausages, with cheese on toast ( cheddar) a ham/cheese/mustard sarnie is delish.

Dijon mustard with chicken

horseradish (or wasabi) with beef.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here