Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music right before kick off

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like it. Not least as it seems to confuse the ref a bit. I like the fact they cut it bang on the refs whistle. And the closer they get to this the better it is. Strangely satisfying. Lovely stuff.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This really gets on my goat up and takes the anticipation of kick off away.sometimes the music stops after the kick off. when the players are in a huddle surely this would be a good time to stop A so they can here each other and also the home fans are are usually really noisey just before kick off which you can t here.i can only think its come from the US.Am I the only one

Get. A. Life.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm on the fence.

Shouldn't be necessary but does no harm to the atmosphere. Us barely touching the ball for 20 minutes and then going a goal behind was more of an issue....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think it's a bit naff but it sems to gee the crowd up so that's a good thing.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm on the fence.

Shouldn't be necessary but does no harm to the atmosphere. Us barely touching the ball for 20 minutes and then going a goal behind was more of an issue....

good-looking-man-sitting-on-a-fence-in-South-Carolina.jpg

You seem to like it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"Hey Jude" is a dirge. I think the music should be changed and unique sequence for the Albion.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Its bloody awful let's here the north stand and west upper rather than tv shots of retards waving a scarf.
Err, that's your own fans you are speaking about.

After awful, there should be a comma, it's has an apostrophe, whilst 'here' should be hear. Glass houses and all that.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Err, that's your own fans you are speaking about.

After awful, there should be a comma, it's has an apostrophe, whilst 'here' should be hear. Glass houses and all that.

Also, an apostrophe in "its". You could even argue that north stand and west upper should start with capitals, being proper nouns. Personally, I think there should be a full stop after "it's awful".

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I think that the 15 minutes before kick off build the atmosphere. In the middle of the crowd, I don't think we realise just how loud GOSBTS is and just how moving and intimidating it is. ROF just helps build the atmosphere and possibly unsettle the opposition.

If anyone is in any doubt, it was the NS crowd who really upset GK Button yesterday afternoon and created uncertainty. The chants and goal kick drill very obviously ruined his concentration and focus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bottom line is contrary to popular belief, RoF is played solely because we don't ramp up the atmosphere.
After Sussex By The Sea we fell comparatively silent until the whistle.

I think it's a bit naff, a bit cheesy, the scarfs can be a nice touch, the kids love it, overall the pluses outweigh the negatives.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I like it now. The club certainly gave the crowd a fair crack of the whip in the past at whipping up their own atmosphere - they even used to leave the PA silent for a spell before the teams came out. And most of the time, absolutely nothing happened bar the gentle chatter you'd expect to get at a cricket match. I'd have much preferred the Amex would be a seething cauldron of emotion without any music - but we just haven't got that sort of crowd. With ROF at least most people clap or sing along and it gets the place buzzing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't mind it personally, gets all the stands going, without it it would just be the NS cranking up the noise, they got it spot on today pressing mute as the ref blew his whistle.

Much as I hate it, it does have a certain amusement value, and is sort of an earlydoors test of the referee's authority. Will he wait for it end (little knowing it will NEVER end) or will he think b*gger this for a game of soldiers and just focus on getting the game under way at the appointed time? And there's also always the comedy prospect of the ROF operative not being able to turn the damn thing off for whatever reason until well after the game is under way. Personally I LIVE for that day :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The timing issue does add an extra frisson of anticipation.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its bloody awful let's here the north stand and west upper rather than tv shots of retards waving a scarf.

Rather think you should take that back. Folk enjoy the game in their own way. I find some of the songs from the North Stand a bit unoriginal and bland but I don't think they are 'retards'. They are just contributing to the match in their own way. You're out of order there.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Lets just clap politely when the players come on to the pitch. As for the players going mad when a goal is scored? A simple shake of hands should suffice, like Bobby Charlton.

That's what they all did in the 1950's, and early 1960's, really pre the World Cup razzmatazz. You must remember the old pros had been through the War, when emotions had to be controlled. Younger ones had done National Service, some in Korea and Malaya.

It was the TV coverage on MoTD and The Big Match which really sparked post-goal celebs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here