Music Magazines - Advice Needed!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agree completely about Mojo. I've often thought about unsubscribing as it seems to alternate between Prog Rock/Dylan/Neil Young/Random 70s music all the time now. I guess it reflects the writer's preferences but it seems to be the same articles recycled. As others have said, Dad Rock. I like it's very comprehensive CD review at the back though and continue to get it just for that. Have never read Uncut as it looks exactly the same as Mojo. Used to love Sky and MM.

I also get the Wire magazine. It's a champion of avant-garde and experimental music and has a heavy electronic slant.

Otherwise I tend to scour the internet for blogs, forums and video channels looking for new music. One of the best sources I find is listening to something that I know I like and then looking at Youtube recommendations on the right hand side and following where that leads.

The other thing I do is get myself on the mailing lists for Rounder, Resident and Rough Trade Records as they have weekly newsletters that list the new music. Also subscribe to record company newsletters - if you like minimal techno and electronica then Kompakt is absolutely brilliant.

bluestt

Feb 18, 2011
Q is probably the best option - I still remember my teenage days of Kerrang! Oh dear...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports