Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

music downloads

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
just wondering what sites people use and see if you can point me in the direction of any safe sites! just looked at spotify and you have to have a code which they will at somepoint e-mail to you?!!

im guessing there are plenty of others but much easier to ask the worldly and wise on here!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just the other day installed a program that lets you extract audio from You Tube. You can download in various mp3 quality from 64kbps to 256kbps or even WAV lossless, although I guess the quality is only ever going to be as good as the original You Tube upload ?

I downloaded the program from CNET, it's free and really simple and smooth to use. If you want a link to it let me know and I'll see if I can find it for you.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
im1musics.net but you didn't get this from me but it's quitee biased towards few genres

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Just the other day installed a program that lets you extract audio from You Tube. You can download in various mp3 quality from 64kbps to 256kbps or even WAV lossless, although I guess the quality is only ever going to be as good as the original You Tube upload ?

I downloaded the program from CNET, it's free and really simple and smooth to use. If you want a link to it let me know and I'll see if I can find it for you.

cool thanks for that would i be able to put these into i tunes?? im new to all this just got a laptop at the weekend and looking to do my ipod justice! 8gb sadly going to waste!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Try this site (list of YouTube software below). It is the site that the CNET download comes from.

http://dvdvideosoft.com/

Free YouTube Download 2.3.1.62
Free YouTube to MP3 Converter 3.2.1.63
Free YouTube to iPod and PSP Converter 3.2.1.62
Free YouTube to iPhone Converter 2.2.1.62
Free YouTube Uploader 2.3.1.54

They also have

Free video and audio conversion software.
Free burning and ripping software.
Free video and audio editing software.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You won't get lossless audio on Youtube, I think it's something like 96K

Yeah, nearly sure its 96kbits/s by standard. Pre-encoded FLVs can have up to 320k stereo and I'm not sure what the youtube HD standard is, but bog standard non-HD youtube clips are not only 96k or less, they're MONO.

If you're tone deaf or have serious perception issues with sound, go ahead and rip it off Youtube...

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Replay Music is great for saving streaming tunes from Spotify.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here