Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at your funeral ?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Definitely this one...
Old and Wise - Alan Parsons Project (Colin Blunstone, vocals)
I will have to give the others some thought.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
coffin.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
At my grandads funeral he was due to have a nice bit of orchestral music played as the curtains closed on his coffin, signifying the impending cremation.

However, the person in charge of the CD player played the wrong track on the CD. The track they chose was the music used in the Xfactor....Dies Irae from Verdi's Requiem.

It was meant to be a calming peaceful moment and a quiet goodbye as the curtains close. Instead it was a dramatic theatrical moment where all that was missing was flames bursting up around the coffin :lolol:

Everyone was looking puzzled with a mixture of crying and sniggering....until we all walked outside and burst into laughter. :lolol:

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Man Of The Hour---------Pearl Jam
Time Of Your Life--------Green Day
The End-------------------The Doors

Should get them going. (If anyone turns up)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Anything but Abide with me as a hymn - can't stand it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Sometimes it snows in April" by Prince.

As long as that gets an airing, you can do want you want with the rest of the music. "See ya later alligator" if you like, as long as I've had that Prince song.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have signed the papers for my body to be donated for medical research ... I think that means, in practice, a stiff for medical students to practice disection on. Whatever, they say they take the corpse off my my wife's hands and save her ££££.

If that did not happen and a cremation was done, I don't really care what they play . In a whimsical moment I did think that " Ring of Fire" might suit after the curtains are drawn , particularly with the Albion connection
" I went down down down in that burning ring of fire
Down down down as the flames got higher".......

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
None of you ex-military chaps want the Last Post by a lone bugler?

On the way out: Knock, knock knocking on heaven's door.

No, for me that's reserved for blokes who didn't make it home. I always find "Flowers of the Forest" by a lone piper to be a bit of a choker, but "Edge of Glory" by Lady GaGa will do as everybody files out and leaves me to be consigned to the flames. *******s.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just as the coffin is disappearing behind the curtain I want knock On Wood and I Hear You knocking, that will give all the *******s who have only turned up for a gloat and some Vol Au Vants something to worry about afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here