Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at your funeral ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No funeral Just make arrangements for cremation and and a wake with food and drink to anyone who wants to attend. Hopefully a few funny stories from family and friends that knew me well

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My grandad had "Dance of the sugar plum fairy" played as we carried him in to the crematorium. After we put him down, we all had to put one hand on our heads and do a pirouette. He was a very special man and it somehow worked for everyone there.
!
With all due respect, I've had three cats put down, but never a grandad

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My dad went off to GOSBTS blasted out on the church organ with much gusto by the organist. My wife decided just last week that she would like to go to Joe Brown singing 'I'll see you in my dreams' The version from the George Harrison Tribute Concert:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Went to a funeral last week. Old Navy mate, hung himself after his marriage break up.
First song at the memorial was, "For all the girls I've loved before".
Very odd & slightly uncomfortable.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
An old mate of mine from the 70’s passed away recently and I managed to track down his sister to pass on my condolences. I asked her if she remembered me, which she did, and went on to say that I was the reason he got into Punk and at his funeral he had Pretty vacant and No more heroes played.
Through the sadness came a wry smile.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Already organised
Carry me in to GOSBS
Sex and Drugs and Rick n Roll, Ian Dury
Close the curtains to
Should I stay or should I go, Clash

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Mr Blobby
The Birdie Song
Come on Eileen
Tubthumping
Anything by that **** Sam Smith

Basically anything that's annoying as hell, I'm not going to give a shit.

Trotty

Feb 22, 2012
AC/DC - Highway to hell

Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't fear) The Reaper

Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the devil

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My lovely Dad passed away 10 days ago, and mum surprised us all with the news that they’ve both agreed/arranged to have direct to cremation services. In other words, no funeral service.
They wanted people to not have to go through the pain of goodbye again weeks after the death and would rather we had a party/gathering to celebrate their lives and the happy times. Everyone has actually embraced this which has been heartwarming for us during a truly heartbreaking time.

Nonetheless, Dad’s favourite song was Wonderful Land by The Shadows, which I was able to play for him in full as the last song he ever heard about 3 days before he passed - it brought a smile to his face which was fantastic, and he’ll be going behind the curtain with that song playing to accompany him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Spent ages thinking about my funeral and it's music, then I started getting fed up with all the adverts telling me to take out insurances to cover the cost of my funeral so I've decided not to have one. Direct cremation is the way I'm going and the money it would have cost me for a funeral will be saved for my family to have a memorial party.

Exactly this. Spent close to 10k on funerals for family over the last ten years. Complete waste of money.
Unattended cremation and they can use my small savings to get ratted. No kids to pass it on to so may as well give my mates a good night down the pub.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cannot stand the modern cremation funeral;

45 mins in some conference room style crem. All polished brass and Travel Tavern carpets.
Quick summary of your life by a trendy vicar
Some readings
Everyone shuffles out to some mildly amusing novelty song like Bright Side Of Life, has a quick discussion about who can give Aunt Beattie a lift to the Harvester for some curled up sandwiches and a pint.

That can **** itself in the face.

I clearly won’t be able to have the ceremony I want, being flung naked as the day I was born off Palace Pier from a huge medieval trebuchet*. So just go to the pub and put some decent tunes on there. They know what I like.

*seaward. Not in a Northerly direction. Nobody wants that :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here