Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at Withdean

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
I've not ploughed through 10 pages so this point may have been made.
But does the music on the tannoy REALLY matter ? I mean really ? Quite apart from the fact it sounds like an SOS broadcast from the south pacific, you can barely hear a thing above the crackle and tin anyway. Its background noise. Its superflous. Its pointless. Its like worrying about what music is played when you're in a lift.

The tannoy should be for team news, half time / full time scores, and (if we MUST have them) birthday annnouncements for the kiddies. As for the music, I couldn't give a flying fig at a rolling donut whether its Frank Sinatra, Bucks Fizz or Slayer. Its just a hissy noise through those shitty speakers anyway.

10 pages ?! I had NO idea it was this important to people.

Nail on head.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I've not ploughed through 10 pages so this point may have been made.
But does the music on the tannoy REALLY matter ? I mean really ? Quite apart from the fact it sounds like an SOS broadcast from the south pacific, you can barely hear a thing above the crackle and tin anyway. Its background noise. Its superflous. Its pointless. Its like worrying about what music is played when you're in a lift.

The tannoy should be for team news, half time / full time scores, and (if we MUST have them) birthday annnouncements for the kiddies. As for the music, I couldn't give a flying fig at a rolling donut whether its Frank Sinatra, Bucks Fizz or Slayer. Its just a hissy noise through those shitty speakers anyway.

10 pages ?! I had NO idea it was this important to people.

Cor you've done it now. It's all about the kids don't you know

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cor you've done it now. It's all about the kids don't you know

:shrug:
I'm just genuinely bemused by the whole thing.
OK, perhaps it'll be a different issue at Falmer, being as the tannoy system there will more than likely actually be audible. But the music being played really doesn't register with me one iota. I'm usually wrapped up with chatting to my mates, or flicknig through the programme, or dodging the gristle in the hotdogs to notice. And thats if I'm even there more than 2 minutes before kickoff. Its a football ground, not a nightclub. Other than GOSBTS when the team comes out, the music is completely and utterly irrelevent. Pointless.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
At Withdean I don't think it makes a difference what music is played as the tannoy system is so poor.

At Falmer different story, I presume we will be having some flashy sound system so we will need some crowd arousing tunes played before kick off.

Let's get Norman to mix up a set of songs!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If it doesn't bother you then don't read the thread. It bothers me and quite a few others, so if it's alright with you, we'll have this discussion on this thread and leave you to get on with your formulaic spoof threads.

Deal?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
*wonders whether to pull up a chair*

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i was a bit disappointed that buzzer's little selection didn't get an airing, not because i'm any fan of those choices but because having said he'd get his chance, quite clearly it was decided he wouldn't.

things really do have to change at falmer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If it doesn't bother you then don't read the thread. It bothers me and quite a few others, so if it's alright with you, we'll have this discussion on this thread and leave you to get on with your formulaic spoof threads.

Deal?

You mean the UNFUNNY spoof threads?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Deal?

oooooOOOOOooooh
Thats told me then.

*closesdoorquietly*

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So who is being sobby with a holier than thou attitude:eek::laugh:

In fact snobbery and the holier than tho attitude or the fact that Im so much better because I dont drink proper beer or like pop(ular) music that's older than last years.

Fine. Turn up a 2.59 having drank your nitro piss lager in the wirdy kiddies tent beforehand having had tunes from artists only you have heard of

You clearly dont get it. Its to appeal to the masses TODAY. NOT what was popular 30 yearas ago.

May I also add that those with CHILDREN tend to get there earlier and its THOSE that we need to appeal to.

FFS.

Last edited:

Sloth loves Chunk

Nov 14, 2003
Of course music matters.

It's about building an atmosphere with music that appeals to as much of the crowd as possible.

Therefore, classic tunes with mass appeal, interspersed with a tune or two for the young 'uns, should keep most people happy.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
i was a bit disappointed that buzzer's little selection didn't get an airing, not because i'm any fan of those choices but because having said he'd get his chance, quite clearly it was decided he wouldn't.

things really do have to change at falmer

EH????????? It DID! The first two did, they were long tracks.Then Gully's Girls, then GOSBTS. Before that I played a bit of 'Another Little Piece of My Heart' for Paul Samrah which certainly got plenty of smiles in the North Stand. I shall play more of Buzzer's selection at the next home game.
Mr Meola, I have been playing stuff that is popular NOW for ages. It's just not stuff you like. As I say, all a matter of taste. For every comment along your lines, there's at least one giving the opposite view. And that's just on this board. You should have heard the stick I got for Jedward...
Anyway, 'I Predict A Riot' is not onlay a CLASSIC football anthem but it's our lucky song, it seems, 2 plays, 2 wins...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am dreading home wins at present as we now have to listen to the stupid GOSBTS re-mix as we leave, now I wonder who made that record ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You clearly dont get it. Its to appeal to the masses TODAY. NOT what was popular 30 yearas ago.

May I also add that those with CHILDREN tend to get there earlier and its THOSE that we need to appeal to.

FFS.

OK then how does selecting songs that are not the current singles for the chosen artists manage to do that. If you are going to try and be down with the kids by claiming to know what music they listen to how about selecting some from the current chart.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was watching an Arsenal match a couple of weeks ago, imagine my DISGUST when I heard them play Curtis Mayfield. Clearly they either have no regard for the CHILDREN or just don't know what they're doing. Doubly bad since they will not only be alienating young fans by playing something they might not have heard 10 times that week but also their own SQUAD, it's a wonder they are where they are in the league if this is their idea of man management. :nono:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I am dreading home wins at present as we now have to listen to the stupid GOSBTS re-mix as we leave, now I wonder who made that record ?

Snidey Snidersson strikes again. You are like a 50 year old housewife.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was watching an Arsenal match a couple of weeks ago, imagine my DISGUST when I heard them play Curtis Mayfield. Clearly they either have no regard for the CHILDREN or just don't know what they're doing. Doubly bad since they will not only be alienating young fans by playing something they might not have heard 10 times that week but also their own SQUAD, it's a wonder they are where they are in the league if this is their idea of man management. :nono:

Was it "Move on Up" perchance? Good football song for any club with ambition if so :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here