Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music 4 Life, Peter Ward & a shamless plug!

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Music 4 Life are proud to announce Peter Ward as our patron!

The Albion have been fantastic with their support for the Martlets Hospice over the last few years but to have Wardy as our patron is even better!

Next fundraiser is on Sunday 13th May at the Nelson, please come and join us!

Press release;

MUSIC 4 LIFE PRESS RELEASE MAY 2012

Music 4 Life, the Brighton based charity which raises money for the Martlets Hospice, is delighted to announce that Brighton & Hove Albion football legend Peter Ward has agreed to become their patron.

Music 4 Life was initially conceived to honour a very close friend of all involved, Dave Room, who sadly lost his fight for life in 2002. Dave was a well-known and respected sound engineer who worked at many Brighton venues for over 20 years.

The charity, which has raised over £15,000 since its inception, puts on free music events in local pubs with the help of Brighton & Hove businesses who donate raffle and auction prizes.

Ward, who lives in the United States with wife Jacqueline said, “I was delighted to be asked to become Patron of Music 4 Life and hope that my involvement will help increase the profile of the charity, which raises money for a great cause. I come back to Brighton as often as I can and hope to be able to attend one of their events this year.”

Spokesperson, Sue Lapwood, whose partner Martin May was heavily involved with the charity until his death from cancer in 2009, said they were absolutely thrilled at the news. “Even though I am a Crystal Palace fan, it’s fantastic that a true Brighton legend has agreed to become Patron. Obviously we hope that his involvement will bring Albion fans to our events who might not otherwise have attended. We’re very much hoping he will be able to enjoy one of our gigs in the not too distant future.”

Founder Barbara Uren said it was a great coup for the charity. “Everyone who follows the Albion has heard of Peter Ward and we’re really grateful for his support, and we obviously hope to attract Brighton fans to our shows”

The charity’s next music day is at the Lord Nelson on Sunday May 13th from 1.30 pm to 9.30 pm Admission is free, with music from many local musicians and bands, and there will be raffle and an auction at the event. M4L final.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here