Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mushrooming

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One last indulgence from today.

Delicate little beauty if ever there was one.

IMG_20221001_101043.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Now is the time to get Shrooming..found a source of Bay Bolette under a chestnut tree near my work !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now is the time to get Shrooming..found a source of Bay Bolette under a chestnut tree near my work !

The woods I went to today were smothered :thumbsup:

Mainly Amanitas, Boletes, Funnel Caps and Milk Caps. Some Russulas and Coprinus about too.

I took nothing for eating. Mainly because I never fvck with Amanitas (Blushers and Panther Caps present), the Boletes were all pretty old and drenched from last night's rain and I'm wary on Milk Caps too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm away in the New Forest this weekend and we saw a lot of fungi on a walk out this afternoon. This beauty was the best.

20221001_150244.jpg

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
For mm's - take over 6g+ with cane sugar (acts as a rocket ship) - in nature, at night.........when you have ego death and break through to meet infinity....post back here how you got on :) Fast for 12 hours before....no meat / garlic 2 days before....off you go :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not much, and they won't go far, but a little something for the pot today.

IMG_20221002_173240.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For mm's - take over 6g+ with cane sugar (acts as a rocket ship) - in nature, at night.........when you have ego death and break through to meet infinity....post back here how you got on :) Fast for 12 hours before....no meat / garlic 2 days before....off you go :)

What's with the no meat / garlic 2 days before?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Stumbled upon a couple of clumps of these unusual Mushrooms, which I have never come across before. Anyone have any idea what they are? I found them yesterday afternoon whilst walking the hound in the country. I chanced it and added them to the Sunday roast and must say it was the best roast dinner I have ever had!

iu

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can’t make them out without the stem, so either closed parasols or the prince?

You're right the first time. Young Parasols, so still closed. Plus a couple of small Shaggy Ink Caps.

I've not seen The Prince for a long while. One of the few Agaricus I trust enough to eat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
UK Fungus day on Saturday 8th October.

Be nice to see more finds posted up here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
UK Fungus day on Saturday 8th October.

Be nice to see more finds posted up here.
I'm off for a fishing holiday in Cornwall that day, weather looks iffy for the week so will do some Shrooming down there.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
When we had the very uneven lawn at Jakarta Towers re-done from seed a few years back the chap who did it dug over the old one and then spread the best part of a foot of new soil mixed with spent compost from a local Mushroom Factory - locals to RH20 will know who they are.

As a consequence we get shrooms coming up out the lawn on a regular basis. I presume if they are from the Factory they MUST be edible?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here