Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's first goal

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We won 5-0 no need for being negative tonight. I'm sure there will be stages during the season when you can have your fill
No one is being negative. Why can't you understand? I thought Murray was brilliant today, absolutely outstanding but the first, from the east lower, looked like he'd fluffed it. That's not negative, as the other poster said, it shows that the angle the shot is viewed from can be deceptive!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No one is being negative. Why can't you understand? I thought Murray was brilliant today, absolutely outstanding but the first, from the east lower, looked like he'd fluffed it. That's not negative, as the other poster said, it shows that the angle the shot is viewed from can be deceptive!

Sorry GCCM wasn't aiming that at you

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Wasnt it a foul on the keeper

Looked it from the north west

Goalkeeper had taken a poor touch, and wasn't in control of the ball.

Had he been in control of the ball, I'm sure the ref would have given a free-kick.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
East Upper half way line. I thought he'd blown it when it hit the post.
Realise now he was just showing off Alan Mullery style*

*On his first day as manager he kicked a ball at the goal post from the half way line and hit it first time, allegedly.

el punal

He very nearly cocked it right up. Lucky it went in. Thankfully today was our day.

Of course he did. He was really lucky with his other two - being in the right place at the right time. And, how on earth did the ball land on Dunk's head and rebound into the goal, not forgetting Knocky's slip when the ball came off his foot and fortuitously loop over their goalie. I am absolutely amazed that we won 5-0, stroke of luck that. :rolleyes:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
In times gone by that would have hit the post and a Norwich player would have recovered it, then we'd go on to lose 1-0.

It did look like he'd fluffed it from the East Upper, other angles show it was always going in.

Yes, celebrations in ESU took a split second longer as it really did look like he had hit the post. But with all the injuries last year and now again two players out for 3 months, I will take any bit of luck that we get as thoroughly deserved.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Where we were, in the East lower, everyone took a few moments to celebrate as they were waiting for the refs whistle it seemed. Once it was sure there was no whistle or linesman's flag then it started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here