Murray's back

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, he's a championship striker and no more. A very good one though.

That's odd, as someone called Glenn Murray scored 7 goals in 17 league games for Palace last season, and a similarly named player has scored 3 in ten games for B'Muff this season. Included are goals against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.

Are there two such named players?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
That's odd, as someone called Glenn Murray scored 7 goals in 17 league games for Palace last season, and a similarly named player has scored 3 in ten games for B'Muff this season. Included are goals against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.

Are there two such named players?

Selling him was stupid not could we use him now. But according to some it was good business, selling someone his age for that amount of money. Luckily we then went on a magnificent run and our other strikers made up for losing Murray :ffsparr:
I wonder if he would have had the chance when he was younger in the top division, how he would have faired.

Palace thought close to 4 million for a 32 yr old who wasnt getting much game time was decent business, and to be fair it was, they just didnt replace him with anyone as good, and those they had left got injured leaving them short.

He went to Bmuff expecting game time, which has not come about, therefore they had a falling out and have since got Afobe, Wilson is also about to return plus other options.

To call him not good enough in the Prem in my opinion is unfair, less than a year ago he was bossing sides and on the verge of an England call up

I would have him back on loan in a heartbeat.

Well said,
He is back isn't he?
I was gutted he wasn't getting game time for us and opted to go to Bournemouth, their offer of 4 Mil was a fantastic offer but a lot of us would have had him stay another season starting games with him and making changes later on if he tired.

He'll be the reason Bha make it up to the Prem and make me feel even more :ffsparr::tantrum::sick:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think he'll do well if he does return but I thought we WEREN'T going to MENTION him any more. #FFS

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After listening to Hughton's interview from last night I would say it's odds-on Murray joining us in time for training with the team over the weekend

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Murray joins and Wilson returns and/or Baldock gets injured - we're fooked.
If Murray doesn't join and Hemed and/or Zamora gets injured - we're fooked.

On that balance I guess Murray ought to rejoin as 'the nippy one' is easier to replace in house.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We don't have a game until the 29th so I would allow for 72 hrs.

I think he needs to be registered with us by 5pm on Friday to take part in this weekends games.

Unless the football league allow players to be registered on a Saturday or a Sunday. I am guessing they might not have someone sat watching the fax machine for weekend registrations.

Which does beg the question are the FA and Football League keeping companies who make fax machines in business?

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Does anyone else find it very strange that Palace - a side who can't buy a goal from their strikers all season, and Bournemouth, a side struggling against relegation, BOTH want rid of Murray in the space of 6 months?

Something doesn't quite sit right IMHO.
pardew told Murray a few weeks ago that palace still haven't replaced him !! Signed for Bournemouth because they offered him 2 years and place would only give him a year .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports