Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray !!!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I see Burnley missed a penalty on 85 mins to beat Palarse, and it wasn't Barnes, who never got on the pitch. Perhaps more significant is his squad number of 30 ??? Take the moolah, Cashley :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There is no reason why we could not have signed Murray rather than Reading. Missed out big time for the second time on the same player. How can the club screw up wtice with the same player?? Madness. We need a forward who can score goals, don't we? At the moment it's all CBs and defensive midfielders.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is no reason why we could not have signed Murray rather than Reading. Missed out big time for the second time on the same player. How can the club screw up wtice with the same player?? Madness. We need a forward who can score goals, don't we? At the moment it's all CBs and defensive midfielders.
In Tony's recent interview he cryptically referred to certain 'teams' not being willing to sell a player to BHAFC.

This could have meant a promotion rival, a team run by someone who doesn't like us, or ( as I thought at the time ) Palace - and perhaps was referring to a bid for Murray.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In Tony's recent interview he cryptically referred to certain 'teams' not being willing to sell a player to BHAFC.

This could have meant a promotion rival, a team run by someone who doesn't like us, or ( as I thought at the time ) Palace - and perhaps was referring to a bid for Murray.

Or Huddersfield and Adam Clayton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In Tony's recent interview he cryptically referred to certain 'teams' not being willing to sell a player to BHAFC..

The Albion probably didn't offer what they wanted is more likely isn't it? Did I read somewhere that agents don't like dealing with the Albion?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Albion probably didn't offer what they wanted is more likely isn't it? Did I read somewhere that agents don't like dealing with the Albion?
At the time I thought Tony wasn't talking about not agreeing a fee as such, more that a certain team refused to do a deal with BHAFC on principle.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Is there any reason for Huddersfield to refuse on principle to sell to us ?

Have we fallen out ?

I think it's because the deal included Butterfield going to Huddersfield from Middlesbrough. It seems like Clayton wanted to join us as well.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Who cares? He's been gone three years for christ's sake

The point is we could have resigned him on loan instead of Reading and those two goals could have been for us !!!
He will score 25 + for them if he stays there all season and not just till Jan.
Also all this bollox about Obika being shit , he was only given about 5 minutes from the end of about 3 matches and still managed to score a goal too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The point is we could have resigned him on loan instead of Reading and those two goals could have been for us !!!
He will score 25 + for them if he stays there all season and not just till Jan.
Also all this bollox about Obika being shit , he was only given about 5 minutes from the end of about 3 matches and still managed to score a goal too.

Obika was given a full 90 mins at Port Vale and scored

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Just proves my point even more given time he would have scored more goals for us Obika that is

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Just proves my point even more given time he would have scored more goals for us Obika that is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here