Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Early break for Murray

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
has Murray won over the fans now? This time last year would have been rooting for the Fed, now actually want Murray to win.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've always been a fan of Murray. But an Olympic Gold and Silver for Team GB has definitely done a lot to cement his Britishness.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've always been a fan of Murray. But an Olympic Gold and Silver for Team GB has definitely done a lot to cement his Britishness.

Indeed, I've been aware of him since he was about 15, and just hoped he would make the level they predicted, and he has. Huge supporter of his, with all the truly superb British sporting achievements last year, the US Open win was still my favourtie, and still makes me v.proud when I think of it (Yup, I know other won't think like that, but I don't really care).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Certainly on top of his game at present, Federer is struggling to match his form

5-3 first set

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Indeed, I've been aware of him since he was about 15, and just hoped he would make the level they predicted, and he has. Huge supporter of his, with all the truly superb British sporting achievements last year, the US Open win was still my favourtie, and still makes me v.proud when I think of it (Yup, I know other won't think like that, but I don't really care).

I've always watched Murray because he's been the only British player to watch. But it's only been in the last couple of years where I've actually started liking him because he was fundamentally unlikable to start with. To be fair, that's mainly because of the amount of interest in him and the intensity of the coverage. He's massively relaxed and you can see his personality now, and I quite like the man as well as the player.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First set to Murray 6-4

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've always watched Murray because he's been the only British player to watch. But it's only been in the last couple of years where I've actually started liking him because he was fundamentally unlikable to start with. To be fair, that's mainly because of the amount of interest in him and the intensity of the coverage. He's massively relaxed and you can see his personality now, and I quite like the man as well as the player.

Good. He doesn't like the camera, to be sure, and that has not endeared him to many people, but he's grown up a bit, plus the confidence of the Gold/Silver and US Open and he comes across much better now (plus of course the crying at Wimbles - we Brits love a crier)

One set up, but don't count Fed out just yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Ah a glory hunter :lolol:

It was the tears at Wimbledon that endeared me to him

*gay*

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have always supported Murray, I found the whole Murray bashing because he is proud of being Scottish quite daft really.

He looks quite good so far, or is Federer a little of the pace at the moment?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
has Murray won over the fans now? This time last year would have been rooting for the Fed, now actually want Murray to win.

It really pisses me off the amount of British supporters who go to tennis matches with Swiss flags supporting Federer, whoever he is playing, this is probably the main reason I cant stand him. Even at the olympic final he had loads of support, which just made Murrays demolishing of him even better.

Come on Andy

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Murray in straight sets now. Murray vs Djokovic has become THE tennis rivalry now.

I loved the Federer vs Nadal years, such different styles of tennis and always a properly high quality match. But now it's a new dawn.

Raonic vs Goffin will be THE rivalry in a few years time.

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
I am Team Murray. Now (yes, glory hunting in full effect). But in 2006 when he said "I'll be supporting anyone but England [in the World Cup]", it was a different matter, and this together with his mardy exterior really made it difficult for me to warm to him.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I am Team Murray. Now (yes, glory hunting in full effect). But in 2006 when he said "I'll be supporting anyone but England [in the World Cup]",

It's been said many times, but you do know that was a joke, yes ? Granted, his dry humour didn't make it very obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here