Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

New Owners, total worth over a billion etc, etc.

It's like saying how can we afford a £50m new ground. We can, because we have owners with some sort of intelligence which Jordan and Goldberg didn't when they f***ed the club up twice.

So you have new owners with a total worth of over a billion pounds? Did the new mega rich owners pay back in full the money which was owed to the creditors then? Southampton's late owner did and was a billionaire too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is irrelevant whether Murray would go to Palace or not as I don't think they are allowed to offer him a deal until a month or so before the end of the contract so how could it be a done deal. Also, why would Murray sign a contract at Palace now when he has just guaranteed us promotion and they could still be relegated? He would look really silly if they have a bad run and go down.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sky report...........................probably bollox then

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Whtever we think, the Sky journo Graeme Bailey says on his twitter page, he has "been told its a done deal".

http://twitter.com/GraemeBailey

It is a bit ridiculous though with Palace not safe yet. If they went down (not that I think they will) will he still sign a deal? He doesn't actually say who told him. Could it be Murray's agent (as suggested before) or even a source at Palace.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
sounds like a leverage move to me.. still if he goes he goes, it wont be the end of the earth. As good a player as hes been, he's given his fair share of headaches.. If he can get a better deal, good luck, it'll open the door to the arrival of Garcia Lucio Pedrio Sergetti da Costa* or some other flairniac from abroad.

(* not a real player)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think its agent talk and he'll stay but if he goes so be it, anyone in the team is replaceable. Now if Gus left on the other hand.......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you go Football>League One and click on the headline, it takes you to a "Sorry, we cannot display the story"...

Have they pulled it?

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
I will hazard a guess. Hmmmmm. Let me see. Your creditors ?

For the club to come out of administration without another points deduction, we needed a CVA to be passed. That CVA said that the Club would pay 1p in the pound to creditors, and we needed 75% of creditors to agree to this for it to be passed. Guess what? Well over 75% agreed. Including our former owner, Simon Jordan, to whom most of the debt was owed.

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
As I said I was well aware of how it worked - and it's 'cheating'. But we're not going to agree so let's leave it there. And yes we're lucky to have a sugar daddy, but his largesse is part of our 'means' so consequently we're not living beyond our means and all our creditors get paid. Crap business model I agree but it's part of football - as is using Administration to make yourself a stable club.

I didn't actually mean your owner - at least he's investing in the infrascructure of your club.

Looking forward to next season, congratulations again :clap2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well, until we hear something official, we should all chill out.

However, if there is a shred of truth to it, I for one would rather not see Murray in an Albion shirt again.

This. We owe him nothing. He owes us nothing. So if true then :wave:
Again, if true, then it will spice the Palace matches up even more next season!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If Palace are getting this excited about signing a player from the league below on a free, it just shows their current level of expectation.

I really hope he doesn't go to anyone (let alone THEM), but as has been said before: in Gus (and Bloom) we trust. This is one player - our most potent striker perhaps - but still just one player. Who knows who Gus has lined up from the lower reaches of La Liga, or on loan from the Prem?

We've just had promotion confirmed, with the title set to follow pretty damned soon - lets just enjoy it and worry about the starting XI for next season towards the end of July... It's going to be a long uncomfortable summer if you get your knickers in a twist now!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
For the club to come out of administration without another points deduction, we needed a CVA to be passed. That CVA said that the Club would pay 1p in the pound to creditors, and we needed 75% of creditors to agree to this for it to be passed. Guess what? Well over 75% agreed. Including our former owner, Simon Jordan, to whom most of the debt was owed.

Oh well that's OK then. It absolutely beggars belief that Palace fans cannot grasp why people are a little upset at how they have behaved (twice). DELUDED FOOLS.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Wow, 1p.

What a disgusting, insulting offer.

Anyone who conducted themselves in that way should forever hang their head in shame.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Oh well that's OK then. It absolutely beggars belief that Palace fans cannot grasp why people are a little upset at how they have behaved (twice). DELUDED FOOLS.

Never said it was OK, or that I agreed with it.

But the fact of the matter is that so many people are saying our owner poured money into the club, and then left the creditors in a mess, when in fact he was a major creditor, and other creditors AGREED to the 1p in the £ offer.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oh come on... There isn't even a quote!

This is like the "Harry Redknapp is interested in [insert and La Liga forward]" news stories: Filler.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Wow, 1p.

What a disgusting, insulting offer.

Anyone who conducted themselves in that way should forever hang their head in shame.

I agree, it is very low, but you would do the same if given the opportunity, no doubt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here