Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Its clearly a story planted by his agent. There's probably a nugget of truth in it, maybe Murrays agent has touted him round a few Championship clubs and Palace havn't ruled themselves out, but thats a GAZILLION miles away from it being a done deal.

Look, it gets Murrays name in the news, and if there is confirmed interest from other clubs then it gives more leverage in the imminent contract negotiations. THATS the objective here. I don't believe for one minute Murray would look at a move to Palace being a decent career move for him, he'd have to be stupid.

This is just all part of the contracts game, nothing more nothing less. I'm sure the club will make him a decent offer, he'll be playing in the best stadium in the division for the best manager outside of the Prem. He'll take it or leave it, and maybe he will move on, but seriously, can anyone really see him pitching up at Selhurst Park ?

How much faith gets put in what the writer says on Twitter? On there he does use the words "done deal", but I suspect that's very different from it being in the article.

As the day goes on I'm starting to believe it's true, but also that (although I really do want to keep hold of him) we'll be fine if we get Hoskins as a replacement.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It would be down to the fact they are OBVIOUSLY going to pay him more than we are.

At the end of the day footballers are mercenaries and if they are offering more then we either match it, better it or he goes.

Is the correct answer (aided & abetted by scum Agents of course).

Tbh, if he goes up the road it wouldn't really surprise me in the least. I'd much sooner he stayed with us, but Glenn Murray will do whatever best suits Glenn Murray. Anyway, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for him to go all moody & have the S**hurst Pikeys on his back. I can't think what the chants'll be when we renew hostilities with 'em next season - assuming they cheat relegation yet again...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it is just a casual insult from one of our rivals actually, let's ask the greater footballing world outside of Brighton, whether or not we are considered to be scum shall we?

You also appear to posted some 37,756 times on this message board, could I suggest you go out and get some of that fresh sea air you are so close to, rather than sitting, stewing over what a scummy club you consider us to be.

PS, I would have thought that someone so in tune with their computer would have worked out how to use spell check by now, it's spelt "truly".

Well I'm honoured you've gone to the trouble of registering just to reply to little old me. Maybe my post touched a nerve did it ?

Anyone in the greater footballing world who understands the game, how it is run, and how the finances in the game are used and abused by clubs like yours who then walk away from their commitments scott-free, leaving creditors and taxpayers to pick up the pieces, feels utter revulsion at the likes of your club. I've seen, heard and read enough from fans far and wide on the Pompey debacle as well as yours to know that people are genuinely sick of football clubs pouring cash into players and agents pockets at the expense of HMRC and local businesses. If you don't understand or acknowledge that then you are either stupid or deluded - possibly both.

And thanks for the postcount check. It is about 7 or 8 years worth, and probably is a bit too high for my own good, but hey, I can afford the time and still get out to watch, ohhh, I dunno, a club walking off with a division or several.

As for the spellcheck - weeelll, its a football messageboard, not a tax return. I figure you have to be pretty anal to bother spellchecking on messageboards, much less pick up on someone elses typo's, but whatever floats your boat.

Lovely talking. Ta-taa for now.

xx

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He's quality, always has been. The wages palace may be offering though are based on this seasons performance, which is down to Gus. Sure he won't reproduce elsewhere.

Whatever happens, he owes us nothing. Think where we would have been if he'd left a year or so ago! Not so much of an issue for us now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's deffo an interesting one to start the transfer mayhem. This team will look very different come August I think so there'll be some shocks along the way. I don't think this has legs but we'll be attracting one hell of a lot of players this year wanting to get on board the amex gusbus so he would be replaced.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Well. I wasn't expecting this when I logged on. There's too many pages to read through, so could someone who's up to date with the thread let me know if the veracity of this claim has been confirmed? Is there any truth in it or is it just rumour?

It seems a strange one. Palace to all outside appearances are in decline. Their league performances and gates have been dropping over the last few years(I think...) and it wasn't too long ago they were in administration. How can they afford it? And if they can't better what we're willing to pay, why on earth would he go there?!
New Owners, total worth over a billion etc, etc.

It's like saying how can we afford a £50m new ground. We can, because we have owners with some sort of intelligence which Jordan and Goldberg didn't when they f***ed the club up twice.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A little perspective here.

1. Sky Sports is not infallible.

2. On the other hand, Gus has been consistent in saying that Murray is in a great situation as top scorer and out of contract at the end of the season. He has never, as far as I know, added "and we're desperate to keep him."

3. That suggests that GP thinks that the League One Berbatov might prove to be more of a Championship Chris Holroyd. And that he will have to find someone better for the level that we'll be playing at - as he did with Greer, for example.

4. So if the Albion aren't offering Murray a deal that breaks the wages structure (which is pretty modest compared with, say, Sheffield Wednesday's, as a player confirmed to me last night), he and his agent wouldn't be acting sensibly if they didn't consider other offers.

5. We're Albion fans. Most of our players aren't, and don't have any reason not to sign for Palace. I seem to remember Calderon considering joining Southampton ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here