Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Simon Jordan 'probably' would have paid them back?

Probably. Oh right!

You may not be the only club to have gone into administration (most of the other clubs to have done it are dirty f***ing cheats too (Leicester especially), others just poorly run) but you have now done it twice.
Well yes, probably, when you take out a loan, you will probably pay it back, but there is no guarantee is there?

Anyway, we hadn't been paying people silly wages, and paying millions for players to try and get promotion *cough*Cardiff*cough*, but our time just ran out and we had no money.

Yes, DKM, I see your point about being able to field players better than you can afford, and fair enough, but we didn't put ourselves in admin - how does anybody know that had Agilo not put us in admin we would have gone in anyway? Who's to say we couldn't afford those players.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If true, I hope that's the last we see of him in a Brighton shirt.

In any case we have the resources to buy better.
christ whats the fuss about?yes we will hate him etc,but lets be honrst we can attract a better striker than murrayanyway.can't quiet put my finger on it but somthing about murray really annoys me.i find him slippery mmmm. :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
IF this is true, then as much as I would be gutted to see a player of Glenn's calibre leave the club - if he's going for purely more money, let him go. We took a big gamble on him (300k was a hell of a lot of money for us to spend on anyone a few years ago,) and for a few seasons you could see there was quality in him, but we couldn't get enough goals out of him. It's only since Gus has come in, and turned him into a 20-goal-a-season striker. If he can do it with Murray, he can do it with Barnes/Hoskins/whoever comes in during the summer transfer window.

In Gus we trust

In fairness, Glenn has a good goalscoring record and has looked good since he arrived. He only had not hit the 20-goal mark because of injury and the fact he was playing for a team which was, quite frankly, a bit shit.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can I just point out that this time we didn't put ourselves into administration as a way out, Agilo, whom we owed money to, put us into administration, despite the fact that Simon Jordan probably would have paid them back, they didn't want to wait. As it happens, they got less than had they waited, but it wasn't us, as it usually is with clubs in financial difficulties, who put ourselves in administration.

And it is not cheating, it is administration. We are not the only club to have done this, you know.
Yeah but why did you owe them money in the first place? Why were you in debt? Why couldn't you pay your bills? Could it have been anything vaguely to do with the fact that you were paying money you hadn't got to employ players you couldn't afford in the vain hope that it would all turn out all right in the end?

And you're right you're not the first club - but the little ones always go bust and the big ones always wriggle out of it.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
WOW. Cant see it happening. He is a Brighton legend. TBH i hope he stays.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You do if you replace them with better ones who actually want to play for the club.
Yes, but if Palace are offering Murray more than we are willing to pay I'm not sure how you then go and get two players quivalent or better than Murray for less wages (and probably transfer fees)?

Gus hasn't yet managed to do it, despite for a couple of weeks seeming to think he had with Wood and Barnes. Which of course resulted in us dropping points.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
That's not how the media works. Might be half-true, might just be a strong rumour, might be a good source and no more but they wouldn't run something as a wind up.

Alas, they do work like that. Mate of mine used to work for Team Talk. They would regularly make up stories, off the tops of their heads, many of which were then lazily picked up by big broadcasters. They'd often have a chuckle about the cack that made it into the mainstream media.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Whatever, there will be bigger clubs than the scum trying to sign him if he is on a free. If he doesn't sign for us then he will go somewhere like Derby or Wigan.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Nonsensical. We didn't know which division we were going to be in and Murray would have been a fool to accept an offer in January.

Yes we could have offered him a contract in January - there can be all sorts of clauses and pay could be related to division we were in. Glenn could have asked for get out clauses triggered by a certain wage and tranfer fee. That way both club and player win, player gets security of an improved contract and club get a sell on fee. We may get someone in on a free but if there is a limit of say 7K I can't see us tempting a premiership player (Players like Carew/Phillips/Cox are out of contract at the end of the season, would they come ?). If we want a striker in contract it is likely to cost us £1M (on top of wages and signing on fee), surely Murray is worth a contract even as a no.3 striker? or are we aiming much bigger ?

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
The dvd for the first half of the season murray was interviewed and said his goal is to go onto the next level..we are confirmed good championship football next year so we are the best option for him
also, if he was going for money surely he'd go to millwall who are in a better financial state than palarse
RUMOURS RUMOURS RUMOURS but gus please please just sort the contract

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, but if Palace are offering Murray more than we are willing to pay I'm not sure how you then go and get two players quivalent or better than Murray for less wages (and probably transfer fees)?

Gus hasn't yet managed to do it, despite for a couple of weeks seeming to think he had with Wood and Barnes. Which of course resulted in us dropping points.

Not sure anyone is saying the replacement has to come in for the same or less than Murray. It's all about what the club think Murray is worth and I'm not convinced Poyet is totally convinced about Murray.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In Gus we trust, Murrays resergance is down to Gus, if he thinks someone else can make him a better player, fair enought, if some club offers him massive wages/deal, fair enough.

Gus will offer him a good package based on what he has done and what he could achieve, lets hope Murray stays on the Gus bus. If not well done, good luck and Gus will get a replacement.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not sure anyone is saying the replacement has to come in for the same or less than Murray. It's all about what the club think Murray is worth and I'm not convinced Poyet is totally convinced about Murray.

Very true. He could have a mega-striker in mind. Only time will tell.

Brighton til I Die

May 22, 2010
i for one would be very happy to still see Glen here next year, less of the murray bashing, without his goals we would not have been celerbrating last night, he hasnt signed yet. if he does sign for scum then let the Murray bashing commence!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
IF this is true, then as much as I would be gutted to see a player of Glenn's calibre leave the club - if he's going for purely more money, let him go. We took a big gamble on him (300k was a hell of a lot of money for us to spend on anyone a few years ago,) and for a few seasons you could see there was quality in him, but we couldn't get enough goals out of him. It's only since Gus has come in, and turned him into a 20-goal-a-season striker. If he can do it with Murray, he can do it with Barnes/Hoskins/whoever comes in during the summer transfer window.

In Gus we trust

His goals-to-games ratio hasn't really improved this season, he's just played more games. He's always been a nearly 1 in 2 striker for us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm missing something here, I've just waded through all nine pages and yet to see an authority on Murray being class in the Championship yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here